please help! i need a good mop! my kitchen floor is disgusting!

its sooo gross, i bought the swiffer wet mop and it didnt work

then SO got the magic eraser mop and it SUCKED and the refills for it are ten dollars

help! it's so gross, please suggest a mop and cleaner for me. i'm ruining our nice house towels just to clean it.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i get on my hands and knees(i know doesnt it sound fun?) and mop with hot water then mr. clean or pine sol, then hot water again, i just let it air dry. or i have a sponge mop that does pretty good, id love a steam mop though.lol sorry im not much help.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I use my Shark and once a month I get on my hands and knees and scrub it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I clean ours with a a bucket of hot water and pinesol on my hands and knees with a cloth.
    I use a sponge mop for quick touch ups in between. I clean the floors by hand 1-2x week, depending on my mood.
    Every mop that I've used doesnt ever get the floors as clean as I would like them to be, thats why I do it like that. And the whole house (other than the kids bedrooms) are hardwood floors.
    Ugh. lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I swear by my Wagner power steamer! http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have a Libman Wonder mop. It works great! The heads are removable & machine washable. They also sell extra heads separately, so you can get however many you need. The mop has little scrubby spots on it & really picks up yuckies :) They carry them at Target, BTW.
    I had a Shark mop before the Libman & it SUCKS. I have textured linoleum, & the cloth doesn't pick up in all the little grooves, so my floor was always dirty.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• thanks i'm heading to target today
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I like my Libman wonder mop.
    I use vinegar water to clean my floors.
    Pine based cleaners attract dirt.

www.vinegartips.com
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 11:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2010