What can I drink??

Too much sugar makes me sick. Aspartame gives me migraines. Other artificial sweeteners are scary too. I don't have time to brew my own ginger tea with honey... what can I pick up from a store/gas station that is yummy, cold, uncarbonated other than water? THANKS

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I only drank water and milk when pregnant. You can drink juices - apple juice, V8, etc...
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• unsweetened tea I think its by liptman, its pretty good
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I was worried about artificial sweeteners as well, but my perinatologist told me that splenda does not cross the placenta, so there is no danger. But I understand your concern. If juice has too much sugar for you, then you're pretty much down to water or milk.

Answer by missanc at 3:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It's good to work toward water at your only drink. You may find that you like some water better than others. I love store bought ice. A $1 bag will last me a week or longer. I like water in insulated stainless steel mugs. I live in the desert so I drink a lot of water. I keep a stainless steel water bottle in the car and I can fill it at drinking fountains for free and I don't buy the plastic water bottles that make all the trash.

I usually drink one glass of juice a day that has 100% vitamin C.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Water is what I am drinking during the summer.  You can also drink milk.  Just ask your doctor and they can tell you

Anonymous

• STIVA....its a natural sweetner and kinda weird BUT you will get used to it.
    Cannons-Mom

Answer by Cannons-Mom at 3:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I was afraid of this... I'm so TIRED of water! Most juices contain enough sugar to make me sick. I'm lactose intolerant, although I love milk and drink some here and there. As for Splenda, well... you might want to use caution with that... if you need a sweetener and find packets convenient, I suggest Stevia, an herbal, all-natural sweetener. Splenda has alot of chlorine. Don't forget saccharin and aspartame were touted as "safe" for a long time and are still legally put into our foods (along with alot of other stuff). Guess I'll be on the hunt in the natural section of the grocery store to see what else is out there... Thanks for all the responses. OB visit tomorrow. I'll be asking!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I was told to steer clear of stevia during pregnancy as there have been no long term studies of its effect on babies in utero. But that's just a dr's opinion.

Answer by missanc at 4:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Propel is a flavored water, I believe it is sweetened with actual sugar but it only has 10 calories per serving, so 25 calories for a 20 oz bottle I think, so it can't be that much sugar. I think it is really good and I don't find it so sweet that it leaves you still thirsty like cola, etc. It is not carbonated. It's kind of pricey- like $3.50 for a 6 pack but it is good and has some added vitamins, etc.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Seltzer.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010