I thought this was a good story but this struck me as these kids of people are the ones that keep racism going.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/ap_on_re_us/us_i_m_not_biracial

The part I thought was stupid for ANYONE to say was "And I most assuredly would have been a slave. As far as I'm concerned, that makes me black."

There are MANY dark colored people these days that could had been considered slaves WAY back then BUT A LOT of them are NOT black! Why do people still need to bring the slavery in to it? It is NOT a good reason to consider your self black just because of what MAY had happened in the time period of the 1600s to the 1800s.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet- a-kins, are you at it again?

No, I post with my profile. and BTW, I don't think its the kids keeping it going. They are being taught by the adults in their lives

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well you have to keep that black status going in case one day reparations comes through, you get no payday being white!
    Anonymous

• Way to ASSume but no I am not her. Awesome that you have nothing better to do than assume.
    Anonymous

• Sweet, this guy was 43 LOL
    I agree with you tho. Wouldn't it be nice if the older generation just dropped this crap and let people be people, and to stop basing it all off skin color?
    Would be nice.
    Anonymous