my husband is wrong....in my eyes.

my husband left me because of my son. he is making me choose and i just cant do that. my son is bipolar ,as i am ,and i understand the things he is going through. my husband does not. we got him on the proper meds , and my son has improved. my husband left me a month ago because of this and im not gonna choose between them. i dont feel i am wrong about this but apparently others do. my son needs our help. he is going through things that are so hard to deal with. he plans on going th the national guard as soon as he gets his ged. he has a plan. i have fogiven my husband for some horrible things he has done to me i dont think he has the right to pass judgement on any one. forgive and be forgiven. right???? help me please........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Is this his son as well, or your from a previous marriage? You don't walk away from responsibilities for reasons like that. It sounds like it's time to get tough and make him stand up to them. Giving him waht little benefit of the doubt, I can muster.....When yor overwhelmed, you don't run away, you run towards help and assistance.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 5:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well I certainly don't think that your son's mental condition is a reason for your husband to leave you. Especially if he knew the deal when he went it. Being that it's bi-polar, I doubt there was any mystery. I would choose either. If he has chosen to leave, the good riddens! You don't need a man like that anyway!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• If your son is of age,he's responsible for himself.I'd have chosen my huband over my son.
    Anonymous

• There should be no ultimatum for your kid but I feel like there's something more about him leaving than just your son being bi-polar.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Maybe your son was a little douche bag to him and maybe you're just using his bi-polar disorder as an excuse.
    Anonymous

• I do not know your whole situation but I think I would have taken my son's side to!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this on top of being separated from your husband. Is your husband willing to go to counseling..marriage counseling? If he's not willing then he's not giving your marriage a chance. My advice would be to just focus on your son and yourself because your husband is not worth the air you breath if he can walk away from your marriage because you child is bi-polar. He should be supporting you through all this and trying to help you out, not run away when the going gets rough. Keep your head up, be strong and focus your attention and time on yourself and your son. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• if my husband made me choose between my son or him, i leave him and never look back thats just some messes up, i dont even know how he had the balls to ask you somthing like that, never ever ever EVERRRR pick a guys over you kids, doesnt even matter with they are the badest kidss in the world, your their mommy and they need you specially your son wit the problems he has, i guess your husband doesnt love you, cause a real man would NEVER make his wife pick between him or her own child. your son needs you more then ever, i hope you stay by your sons side, and tell your husband bye bye bye. keep your head up high, & be the best mother you can be! i wish you the best of luck! =)
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Sorry to be so harsh, but my opinion is your husband is a selfish dick. And for him to use your son as an excuse is pathetic. Your son does need to learn to stand on his own two feet. My husband is bipolar, and my 18 year-old daughter has MANY similarities to him... There are many times I wanted to walk away from my marriage, and am willing to do so if it is a choice between safety and happiness and it is not something we can get past. So far we've been able to get past the hard stuff. However, I do NOT let him dictate my relationship with my (often evil) daughter. I will keep him informed, ask his advice, etc., but in the end I am her mother and I will do what I think is best. Had you not said you have forgiven your husband for some horrible things, I might suggest you look into whether you are babying your son, but it sounds like this is just another excuse your husband uses, and it sounds like you know that...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• TheDiva320
    If your son is of age,he's responsible for himself.I'd have chosen my huband over my son.

Anonymous
    Maybe your son was a little douche bag to him and maybe you're just using his bi-polar disorder as an excuse.

YOU BOTH ARE $%^&* YOU BOTH NEED TO GROW UPPPP.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010