How much is too much menstrual blood?

i'm usually a very light bleeder but ever since my 2nd baby weaned and i have been bleeding heavier than before. this period i feel like i have been bleeding a lot because (TMI i'm sorry) when i sit on the toilet i feel like there is a rush of blood coming out of me. is this bad??? how much is too much menstrual blood. should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Health

• No I do not think you should be worried! I think it is normal for your body to change like that! if it worries you ask your doctor! But I think it is normal!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• soaking more than a pad or tampon an hour is too much
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• TMJ got it right, soaking a pad or tampon an hour is too much. Anything less than that ... sadly is just a heavy period. But you can still see your Dr if you think it's too much and see what they think.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I had much heavier periods after my second child and ended up having endometriosis and an ablation. If you are soaking pads/tampons hourly, have large clots or the blood is bright red, call the doc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• how bright is bright red? like an apple color? or a crayon color? ex please?
    Anonymous

• crayon red
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• just curious, what does it mean if you're bleeding bright red?
    Anonymous

• TMJ is right. You shoud be concerned if you start having signs of being anemic (fatigue, shortness of breath, pale skin and mucous membranes and nail beds). You should also talk to a doctor if you start passing clots. I have endometriosis, and that has been a problem at times (until I had surgery). That can be very painful.

Make sure you're eating foods that are a good source of iron, especially green leafy vegetables. Kidney beans are another good source. Also, make sure you're staying hydrated - at least 2 liters of water a day (okay, to be realistic, some water plus fluids that will not contribute to dehydration).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010