im 40 weeks with my 1st baby.... this weekend me n my partner had sex... i was also contracting 4 a long time than it stopped.... i wanna know how long after sex do u go into labor... i day pass my due date

mslisha90

Asked by mslisha90 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no way of knowing...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No way to know, I had sex almost daily at the end ( yes i was VERY in the mood) and I was still 4 days late.
    Anonymous

• Yes there is no way of know. But you are close to that days since you are past due.
    Anonymous

• so that contractions mean nothin n that was close together n stronger than they would stop
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• probably if sex was going to put you in labor, it would do it within 12 hours, but there's no sure thing that it will. soooooo you just might have to wait a couple more weeks :) gl!!!
    Anonymous

• You could go at any time since you are 40 weeks, but it's hard to say when you will go. Depends on when the baby is ready. Sex doesn't always work, I tried and it never worked.
    Anonymous

• it's pretty common to start having contractions, then for things to stop for a day or 2. gl :)
    Anonymous

• thanks it is just hard 2 know wat is happenin since this is my 1st baby n my doctor do not tell me nothin but i go c him tommorrow
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Due dates are estimated and can be as long as 42 weeks. I went over 42 weeks with my first baby. Sex doesn't make babies come. They come when they are ready.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i agree with gailll
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010