would you agree or disagree with these four quotes

just out of curiosity would you agree and like these quotes or disagree and dislike/ hate these quotes? I personally like and agree with all four of them. i found three of these at cafepress.com and i cant remember were exactly i found the last one.

the first one i found at cafepress says " The path to spiritual growth and enlightenment is found within an opern heart and an open mind"

the second one i found at cafepress says "Faith is, above all, openess; an act of trust in the unknown."

the third one i found there says " Its not about the name you use, but the love behind it." (i think this one might be talking about all the different names for God/Goddess but in not sure)

and the last one that i cant remember where i found it says "Faith is different for every person. it is not what somebody said two millennia ago. it is how each person feels about their own spirituality."

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 4:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree. Especially with the first 2.
    Anonymous

• I love them, and agree wholeheartedly. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would disagree. I think God has very specific standards. I kind of like the second but I feel He is not an unknown.
    Sorry to be the Debbie Downer.
    the Nancy Nincompoop.
    the , ok you get it.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Wait. Adding....this is really talking about spirituality and not really all about christian faith, but I understand.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• sorry change the word opern in the first quote to open lol i had a little typo ^_^*

3gigglemonsters yeah i get what your saying i just wanted to see how everyone felt about these quotes and if they aggreed or disagreed (and i do agree with you on the second one i dont think God or even my Goddess is an unknown but that was how the quote was written so i copyed it the way it was)
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 4:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have mixed feelings about the open-mindedness in the first two. You can open your mind to your beliefs, but you are also closing your mind to a slew of other possibilities (i.e., other faiths or science). I like the 2nd two.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with it. Even atheists have faith in the unknown. It is not known for sure if there is or isn't a god. So these quotes can go for any one and be entirely true.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would have to dissagree. I'll go statement by statement

1. This one has some merit, but it's a willing heart and repentant mind
    2. If you have faith, God will be revealed to you and not be unknown
    3. This has merit if you replace love with reverance. Usually the word fear is used in the King James, but the word used in the original text was "yare" which means revere
    4. Way off the wall, but may be right if it was meant as based on our individual relationship with God
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 4:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with the first two. The third I agree with, it's not the name you call it, but the beliefs that go along with the name you call it that creates the divide. The forth I don't agree with, faith is believing in what you can't see or prove, not necessarily what you feel.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• " The path to spiritual growth and enlightenment is found within an opern heart and an open mind">>>agree

"Faith is, above all, openess; an act of trust in the unknown.">>>>>somewhat agree

" Its not about the name you use, but the love behind it." >> this could refer to a number of things religious and otherwise, but overall I somewhat agree.

"Faith is different for every person. it is not what somebody said two millennia ago. it is how each person feels about their own spirituality.">>agee
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2010