how to break it... simply

so i don't want my son's nanna to take him to see his father unless she asks me because he's not the type of person that u want a child around (yeah i was the one who posted about my abusive ex) she's agreed to it but has been doing it anyways with out telling me. i know because he comes back talking about his ____ daddy all the time. now i don't want it to continue cause it's just messing with me so how do i say it without rubbing her the wrong way, she's done a lot for us but she's just soo defensive about her family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I really do not know how to ask nicely maybe just stop having your child go over by grandma's house so often! Maybe she will get the drift!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Be honest. Tell her that you do not think your child's father is a good role model for your child and if she keeps disrespecting your feelings on the matter then you will have to rethink her visiting him without your supervision.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• just tell her stright up! hey please do me a favor & dont take my son to see his daddy unless you ask me or i tell you too. thank you oh and i love you! i call you later! lol..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Dad has the right to see him unless the Court severed his rights so you don't have the right to stop him from seeing him no matter how much you dislike him.
    Anonymous

• so here's whats going through my mind when reading this...the grandma has agreed to not let him be around your child but yet does it without you knowing and behind your back....SHE'S GONNA KEEP ON DOING IT no matter how nice you put it the second time...the third time....the fourth time...the fifth time....get it??

if you dont want it happening then you have to change something up cause grandma doesnt listen!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• and with grandma being too defensive about her family, doesnt mean grandma makes the right choices. she cares too much about her family to take your side on this it seems
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• quite simply tell her i'm sorry but you are not respecting our agreement. since you cannot do that, you will not be able to have my son at your home. you are welcome to make arrangements to visit him in mine. period, end of story.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010