Christianity vs. Drinking and Sleeping Around

I'm a Christian.. but I'm not the judging.. " You're going to hell for this and this" type person. I have a live and let live attitude. But I find something to be extremely aggravating. I have this friend who has two children by two different daddies. Not married or anything and yet, she claims to be as religious as they come. I on the other hand am married and was married before having kids.. BUT because I have an occassional beer, I'm not a true Christian. Keep in mind, I rarely drink. Anyways, I believe in all sins being the same and drinking isn't a sin... Being a drunkard is (which I'm not) but how can someone sleep around without being married claim to be Christ-Like and feel like because I drink, I'm the biggest sinner ever!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• SEEMS you're as judgemental as they come! frustrated

Anonymous

• Christianity doesn't mean there for you'll have good morals! There's plenty of christians with Horrid morals, like the priest who molest children?

Ones morals and moral character is not a reflection of what church taught them it.

Church does however bring out the JUDGMENT on about everyone though!
    Anonymous

• OP here::: I'm not the one judging.. I don't care what she does.. All I want to know is.. Why am I the biggest sinner ever.. When what she is pissed off about.. IS not even a sin.. YET what she does IS a sin.. That's what I want to know. She's making a huge deal about it and calling off our friendship because I had a beer out at a restaurant with my husband while my mom watched our children.. And she said that I was going against God's will.. and I would be damned for it.
    Anonymous

• You're not bad for that. Im must have misread your post sorry!
    Anonymous

• There is lack of agreement on the definition of sin. Some "Christian" churches make up their own rules and eveyone else is wrong. Some people make up their own rules and everyone else is wrong.

What's disturbing is the idea that you can do whatever you want and then all you have to do is accept Christ as your savior or be baptised or whateve and you will go to heaven. Currently having serial relationships and having children without being married is socially accepted and people that do so may be accepted by some Christian churches.

I agree that there is nothing is wrong with having a beer. I don't agree that all sins are equal. Killing someone is not equal to lesser sins.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• the scripture is very clear that fornication is sin. drinking in the other hand the scripture is clear that to be drunk is a sin .. don't be drunk with wine, whoa those who put strong drink to their brother's lips..etc but It also says that Jesus drank wine, a little wine is good for the stomach. I am a Christian and this is how I see the question of drinking.by looking at these scriptures-work out your own salvation through fear and trembling, do not put stumbling blocks in your brother's way, stay away from the appearance of evil. I don't drink for these reasons.. for one it is a bad testimony .. it doesn't look good, and alcohol is dangerously addictive substance that causes people to do things they won't normally do when they've had too much and hard to keep to just moderation.one person maybe able to drink responsibly for a weaker brother it may cause them to sin.they could justify by saying but they do it, I can too

Anonymous

• Do what you think is right and don't be too concerned if others think it's wrong. I have always thought that if you point out the other people who aren't following the Bible to the letter, you might start to find that you aren't either. You know, that saying, don't throw stones, etc. Don't get mad if other people aren't doing what you think is right. They are going to do what they want to do which is just the way it goes. If she wants to believe she is in some way better than you, let her. It doesn't mean that she is or isn't. It is sad to end a friendship over it, but it doesn't sound like the kind of friendship I'd want to have...you two arguing over who sins the least and both of you thinking you are right.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010