Why is it that so many people who beleive in the bible...

Can not except rasonal conclusion or proof of explanations for things if it isn't in their book? I seriously want to know. I believe the bible, but can except the proven facts and rationalisation with out blaming everything I don't like or understand on the devil.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• People just need an excuse to hate and using the bible as a tool against those who are different is just that. An excuse to be hateful, cruel, and ignorant. I would love to burn a bible in front of them one day just to piss THEM off.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Do you mind if I ask what exactly are you referring to? Is there something specific?

Anonymous

• Anon, I think she is talking about blaming demonic posession to some things not understood, like gays or transgenders.

Answer by older at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• In the words of George Michael, "Because they gotta have faith!". But also because a simple explanation would be too simple. They'd rather make things complicated.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• In general basically. However right now I am referring to certain posters in the sexual disorientation post.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The bible goes in harmony of what I have learned about Yahweh in my own life experience.
    Also the bible goes in harmony with what I know of the devil from my life experience as well.
    Blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• There is a verse in the bible that says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Most ppl that believe in the bible have faith in it entirely. I'm sure you already know, the "word of God" is assumed to be the bible (according to religion of course).

I think that the constant threat of hell and God's rath keeps ppl afraid of asking questions, and recieving outside "proof".

Hey, the way the bible puts it, God is the ultimate competition.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• you don't think the bible is true or scientific? watch some of Kent Hovind's videos on creation science. He has scientific back up for biblical events.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 5:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

First of nice way of taking what I said out of context.
    Second yes I believe in the bible, but I believe many things are exaggerated by the followers or taken out of context. I also don't think that every thing is a demon possession, the bible in no way says that.
    Also nothing about the bibles version of creation has been PROVEN it is only a theory among many.
    The is proof that the people and places and some events like baptism and the speeches and the crucifixion happened, but nothing more than that.
    There is however no PROOF of talking bushing, the parting of the sea, god talking to any one, nor any of the miracles stated in the bible.
    Having scientific evidence to back up a theory does not make it 100%. For science is not always 100%
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The first lesson in the bible. Satan the Devil the slanderer and misleader. I think alot of things fall on Satan. Is it hard to understand that he is behind most things? But right, like you were saying, Im the first to say I dont know, but I still believe Satan to be exactly what he is.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010