Do you like music that isn't popular or played on the radio a hundred times a day?

Ever heard of Zero 7, A.I.R., Lucia Iman, Tracy Bonham, people who aren't sell outs? They have pretty good music and it's nice to hear something different than what's normally played on the radio.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• or 30 seconds to Mars.................
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I listen to Pandora Radio online. You can make your own station based on someone you like. Say you like Colbie Caillat. Pandora will play people like Colbie and then you can make a new station based on that person, like Jack Johnson or Jason Reeves. That way you learn about new people you didn't know about.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I like all sorts of music that isn't played on the radio. I don't think the music on the radio is performed by sell outs though. I mean, they make music and get paid for it. It's a job. Nothing wrong with getting paid for doing what you love.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I prefer music that isn't over-played on the radio. I also like a lot of music that is a little older and that most people have completely forgotten about.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I never listen to the radio unless I'm listening to NPR - which incidentally is a great place to pick up names of some great artists as well. I like indie music a lot, but I'm bad with band names. I just listen to the thousands of songs on my husband's computer.

I remember Tracy Bonham from the 90's. She had a hit called "Mother, Mother" and I had her CD and liked it. I don't think I realized that she was still out there though. I kinda thought she was a one hit wonder. Glad to hear she's just gone indie!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes. I used to love, love, love Zero 7 and all trip-hop.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Although I think there are SOME good songs on the radio there are artist that are not played on the radio that I absolutely LOVE!

*10 Years Division
    *Above & Beyond
    *bond (musical trio)
    *Cage the Elephant
    *Clint James
    And
    *Rapture, to name a few.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I like Meshuggah, White chapel and dethKlok I like a ton of music they never play on the radio out here.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I don't even listen to the radio. My musical tastes range from oldies to Slayer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i dont listen to the radio unless my husband does when we are in the car but my favorite band is Slipknot.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010