my son got kicked out

my son got kicked out of preschool, his daycare tells me because of his behavior and bitting kids and what not, but really i think other kids are are bitting him and he protecting himself and when he does hes the one gets cought. he will tell me people are mean to him and bite him and hit him and i brought it to the teachers attention at the daycare and they did nothing but kick him out... now im stuck with no daycare for a bit.

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you actually have proofs? Marks and bruises? Regardless, you should've been teaching your son to defend himself in other ways than with violence back, so you're still partially at fault.
    Anonymous

• Here it is the LAW not just the daycares rule. If a child bites they have to be removed.
    Anonymous

• oh and i forgot to say they also dont put kids in time out, and yes he has had many bite marks from that daycae that left marks and teeth marks on him
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'm going threw the same fight with my day care now, there is another boy that is bothering my son and has been, I have brought it up to 3 teachers and my son still complains about things this boy says to him, This friday they had show and tell and the child broke my sons truck and told him haha right in front of me and the teacher, but the teacher was to buisy telling me what my son was doing wrong for wed, thurs and friday, and I told her, he wasn't at shool wed and thurs.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• im mad because my son is 3 1/2 and he has a right to defend himself, not only that hes been at that daycare since he was 8 months old..... im getting him into a diff daycare that actually knows what they are doing.
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Sometimes biting and other behaviors is done on purpose by a child who is experiencing some separation anxiety issues. I'm not saying this is the case for your child. But I have known many children who have had issues of being "kicked out" of a day care or preschool setting. What helped in many of those situations was brief family therapy focusing on separation issues.  For the care providers they just know he bites, acts out, and is more than what they can safely manage at this time.  For parents we also have to wonder WHY does our child bite.  A young child won't know and can't articulate the reason.  They just act.  Ten to one at this age it is related to anxiety.  But that is just a guess.  Especially if there have been recent changes and stress. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010