How to tell this to someone?

Without getting any negative vibes.
I have been babysitting my niece n nephew and a friends kid for these past 5 years. I am ready to quit how should I tell them and how much time in advance should I give them to find someone else?
I am just tired of it I guess I just want to be able to have my home back rather it looking messy and not home looking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• OPPS wrong category
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP here... YEAH I know sorry...
    Anonymous

• Give them at least a few weeks to look into a daycare or home care and find one that'll fit their family. There is nothing wrong with wanting your home back (thats why I can't do home care :p) Do they start school in the fall?
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 5:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I see no problem with you telling them you're "getting out of the business"!!! I'd definately give them at least 3 weeks notice.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'd give them 30 days. Finding quality care can really be a challenge. Just be honest. Say that you just don't want to do it anymore. If you want to go back to work use that as well. And remember it's your choice. The worst that could happen is that they get mad for a little bit. As long as your not telling them they have to find someone by tomorrow then they should be ok.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would give them a one months advance notice. Just tell them that you are done babysitting, time for you to do something else. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP here yes except for one but just want to do it anymore.
    Anonymous

• 1 month say ...."im sorry but i have decided to no longer babysitt im happy with the pay and i love your kids,just time for me to stop, i really would like to give you time to find someone new...so i decided that a month would be enough time."
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Tell them you want a little more freedom to do what you want in life....you want to be able to come and go during the day freely and you can't do that when your tied down with kids to babysit.
    I would give them 2-4 weeks notice at least because it is a big decision who to place your children with when you need to find a daycare or a babysitter.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I recently quit babysitting a little boy that I had been babysitting for about a year. I am 9 weeks pregnant and I was really sick at first (I'm finally starting to feel better) and the little boy had seperation anxiety to begin with. Putting that on top of my morning sickness and being exhausted all day long and chasing around a 2 year old (him) and my own 4 year old...it was just too much. I watched him 2 days a week and his mom is one of my best friends. I was completely honest and told her the situation and she understood 100%. She knew he would cry for the majority of the day anyway. He was here from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and he wasn't a happy kid for most of the day. When he wasn't crying he was napping or eating. That was it. I'd just be honest. Since I only watched him 2 days a week and I was at my wit's end I said I'd watch him for the next 2 weeks and that was plenty of time for her to find someone. GL!
    Anonymous