My cat has a gold dot on eye?

I have a 3 year old, healthy, spayed, all grey in color, beautiful cat=) Her eyes are green, but within the past six months i have noticed a gold dot on the colored part of her eye. Does any one know what this is? It makes her quite unique looking and i've noticed it on humans as well, but not a cat=) I'd love some answers=)
Thanks

krusecat22

Asked by krusecat22 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pets

• if its not a reflection, i would take the kitty to the vet, it could be the start of cataracts.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My cat had gold flecks in her eye it was nothing to worry about. My April was a grey pastel calico. But it probably would not hurt to have her checked because honestly without seeing your cat I can't say for sure if it is the same thing my cat had in her eyes. There are so many differant things that can happen with the eyes I would not mess around with that.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My white cat had big blue eyes with gold flecks and my orange cat has totally gold eyes, so the only thing that would be odd about it is if you have had the cat for years and then one day gold spots appeared.
    Anonymous