getting tubes tied and stuff

i am 21 and have a handsome little boy who is about 16 months old and i know that the doctor would not "fix" me after just one unless it was medically needed... which im glad that she did not because we are thinking about just one more do you know if i can get it done after that... the hormones from BC are messing with me and condoms are uncomfortable plus i wouldnt trust a condom alone... after the next one we dont want any more what can we do will she do it then? oh yea right now i have the IUD but latley i feel that it is messing with my mood a lot

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Health

• I think it depends on the state you live in here you have to have at least 3 kids and/or be the age 25 to get them done.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• what the heck....I didn't know there was a limit. I think that's illegal to put a limit on getting your tubes tied...
    Anonymous

• In some states its either 2 kids or age 25. I would talk to your doctor about it. Sometimes they make an exception.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• in Georgia its 2 kids and over the age of 21
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Im having my second baby in july, and my doctor said he will tie them if i want but for me to look into other options before making that decision, but im sure its what i want. your doctor should do what you want, its your body.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010