Should I Take Him To The E.R. Or Doctor?

I didn't see what happend, I was in the kitchen washing my hands and my 4 year old son some how hit his eye on the corner or edge of the bathroom door. He started crying and he had watery looking blood coming from his left eye (it was really light, barely pink). It happened about an hour and a half ago and now his eye just looks irritated. It's watery. His tear duct looks really red. I covered his right eye and he said he could see from his left (injured) eye and I had him find certain things in the room with one eye covered and he found them fine, so I'm thinking it's just bruised? Would you take him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it'll make you feel better, Mom, give the doctor a call!!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 5:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Either the doctor or an urgent care clinic.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Doctor!!! My experience in the ER has been bad, he will get better attention and care at even an adult Dr.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No, You should take him to an eye Dr if you want to take him anywhere but I would take a wait and se attitude.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would take him to the dr if you can get in today. If you cannot be seen today go to ER or urgent care. You don't want to take the risk of an eye injury damaging his sight. Eye injuries should always be seen right away.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Because it is his eye, I would take him to the ER or urgent care clinic. The ER does have eye doctors on call for cases like this. You cannot always see an eye injury. I have damage to my retina from squinting and I had no clue until the eye doctor examined me and I would have never known.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i would take him to an eye doc you can never be to careful with things like this.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't go to either. If he is happy and playing, not bothered, he is most likely fine. It is probably irritated from him rubbing it and crying. We have cheekbones and brow bones so that if you walk into a corner it is really hard to actually damage the eye itself ( go see for yourself LOL)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My dd did something similar. I called the doctor and he called the ER to get me in immediately

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2010