What is one (or more) misconception about your religion or belief system which you find overly ridiculous??

This is just for fun - lets not debate!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and the minute a Christian makes a human mistake they are beat down. Christians are human and sin everyday and should NOT be put up on a pedestal. People have such high expectations of how a Christian should act...and then when they fall short....people are turned off....we are sinners....everyday.
    Anonymous

• not in my religion but I don't understand speaking in tongues.... in my opinion it's not real.
    Anonymous

• When I first told my husband that I'm a Unitarian Universalist, he said, "So you go to a queer church?"
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• -the women are oppressed and aren't appreciated
    -we sacrafice virgins and do other funky stuff in the temple
    -we support plural marriage
    -we can't eat ketchup or drink soda (yeah what?! lol)

I'm LDS (mormon :) )
    Anonymous

• For me, it's that I worship the devil or that I sacrifice goats or something...

I even had one lady tell me I should have my kids removed because my religious beliefs put them in danger of being sacrifice them... Really?!? Umm... NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. We are all sinners. Just because you are a christian that doesn't make you perfect. No-one will ever be perfect. God knows that why don't the non-believer and even some believers know that?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I don't get the no meat on fridays during Lent. No where in the Bible does it say you can't eat meat. And priest and nuns can't marry. Isn't that why God made MAN AND WOMAN?!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• EVERY religion has thier misconceptions...
    I think that's because people decide to hear it from someone or something OTHER THAN THE SOURCE :) If we all went to the source for information then we'd never have a misconception about anyone! lol

It was put to me like this one time.....
    If you want to learn how to fish, you don't go to a construction worker right?....You go to a fisherman!!!
    Anonymous

• Besides what TheDiva said...I actually AM Catholic and one of the other big ones people believe and don't understand about us is that we actually worship statues and images etc.
    Anonymous

• Well religious ppl think Im crazy and that I have outside powers from the devil...Oh and that I worship trees. 

Excuse me, but

laughing

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010