If you received an Epidural, did you experience severe back pain afterwards?

I gave birth 8 week ago tomorrow and just in the past few nights I've been experiencing more pain than usual. I get sharp shooting pains in the middle of my back and constant pain on my left lower side. The Dr's say that I just have to give it time, a few months for it to go completely away. I'm just nervous, that this might stay forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had some sharp pains and some numbness for about 7 months but nothing now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No! & I have had 2 babies. Epi with both and I plan to when I have my lil grl :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I had it with the old Saddle Block but never with epidurals.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I still have pain where my epi was done. DS is three. It's not as bad as it was in the begining but it still hurts sometimes.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 5:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• no i didnt, but i hated the epi anyways.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 5:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes, and it lasted a long time. It was nearly a year with my first and a few months with my second.
    Anonymous

• No. The only pain I felt was form my episiotomy, once the epi wore off.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I had an epi with all 3 of my kids and haven't experienced any pain.
    Anonymous

• YEAH I DID. I HAVE COMPRESSED DISK SO NEITHER ONE WORKED BUT IT LEFT MY BACK IN SERIOUS PAIN!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 6:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I still have pain. Its been 4 years since my last epidural. The pain was so bad after I chose not to have it again with my son who is now 2. I went to the doctors about 5 months ago because my back had bothered me so bad. They did an xray and MRI which showed I have massive disk deterioration in the middle of my spine. Im not positive but it seems to be the exact spot where they did the epidural. That was the only disk that had signs of deterioration. Weird
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 6:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2010