What causes yeast infections and why do they keep coming back after prescriptions meds?

I have a yeast infection and it keeps coming back...even after I take the meds prescribed. How do I get rid of it?

Asked by NoahsMommy4908 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• do you wash down there with soap??? i used to untill i had that same problem...finally i stopped washing it...ive read it is self cleaning...anyway ...have not had any since

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• go to henrys and get oregano oil and gel capsals and put 3 drops in the gel capsul do it 2 to 3 times a day with food i day do it for a week 5 days to a week but after the 3rd day only do it twice a day its fine if you only do it twice a day for all the days its up to you and drink a lot of DISTILLED water it works best i can assure you i got them alot from the foods i ate like sugary stuff it makes it grow like soda or breads

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• ask the henrys person before you do it if your breast feeding

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I wouldnt suggest to completely stop washing with soap. LOL Just use mild soap instead of fruity, scented soap. I used to work for an OB/GYN and it's just not a good idea to stop washing. To answer your question, wear cotton underwear, dry very good after bath/shower. Sometimes YI can't be avoided due to hormonal changes before your period, etc.

Answer by mykidsmommy at 9:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Everyone has good and bad yeast in your intestines its a bacteria that you need to help digest your food and assimilate your nutrients. When you take antibiotics it kills off all the good bacteria and lets the bad grow to excess. In babies this is cradle cap, bad diaper rash, and causes ear infections or thrush. In us its yeast down there (yuk) athletes foot, really bad dandruff, and more. First line of defense is to take probiotics which is live culture acidophilus. Some yogurts have this or you can get from any health food store. Get Dr Crooks book "The Yeast Connection" most libraries will have it. Do his yeast elimination diet. Hope this helps

Answer by motivesmom at 10:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Here is what you do, go online or see if you can find this product in your local health food store. ThreeLac, it helps kill the yeast. Eileen

Answer by EileenMarie at 1:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Your husband or boyfriend my need to take an antibiotic too. Ask for a Diflucan script for him. It is one pill, by mouth. It is possible he has yeast. Some women are just prone to them. Watch the harsh soaps, tight camel-toe like bottoms, wet bathing suits, and your sugar intake. Do you eat yogurt? Try it. It helps. Also, after sex insert about one-third of an application of yeast cream for a few times. It was recommended by my midwife. Did you see a Dr.? Maybe you need a different med.

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• yeast infection / causes
    there are 2 good reasons to learn a bit about the causes of vaginal yeast infections. first, if you have recurring yeast infections, you can figure out ... -

Answer by vbruno at 4:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• maybe it is a bacterial infection not yeast almost the same synptoms but diflucan works on yeast. you need a combo like cipro and flagyl antibiotics for a bact infect. if it is yeast maybe diabetic like me i get an infect every month right b4 my period. yeast live and multiply in warm darkness and sugar so down there with diabetes is like disneyland 4 yeast

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Looks like you have gotten some good advice. I know of 2 products that could help you. I have a probiotic that one capsule equals several cups of yogurt as far as providing good bacteria. Also know of a product to apply topically. PM me if you want to know more.

Answer by MentorByDesign at 3:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2008