SAHMs- How much housework does your DH do?

Title pretty much says it all...

My DH works 1 job full-time. I am in college part-time, a full-time SAHM (DH works evenings), and I do most of the parenting for DD (2) & SD (15). I do most of the housework & take care of the finances as well. And I take care of our 5 cats & 1 dog (except the litterboxes, SD does those). My DH can't even wash his own dishes, or pick up his own trash. He is also very financially irresponsible, & is not a great parent. It all drives me nuts to the point that we are separating now.

Anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is NOT the nature of man. I cannot STAND that sterotype. A real man helps and works as a team with his wife and for his family! Mine does and wouldn't have it any other way. We will raise our son in the same manner. I would hate in 25 yrs for my future dil to complain about my son. I will do my best to raise my son to be a good man, then to be a lazy ass as so many of you describe. That's very sad.
    Anonymous

• he doesnt do hardly any! i get lucky if he takes his plate to the kitchen when he is done. or puts the tie back on the bread when he is done. anything he uses is left out. all the cleaning is on me. usually i dont mind but geez! he is a grown man!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• He helps out a lot with the kids once he's home and he'll take out the trash and pick up if I ask him... but other than that not too much! Our bedroom floor is his own personal hamper. : /
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• We own our own business, and I do all the financials/phone calls/ect from home, but I am home with the kids all day to (ss4 ds 8m, currently pregnant) He will attempt to help with the putting things back in the kitchen after dinner, and has gotten a little better about picking up his clothes, but he doesn't really help a ton. I can't say I blame him though, he works out in the hot sun all day, I wouldn't want to clean either. However, he does always help with the kids when asked...I am usually the lead parent though.
    BooBearsMomma

Answer by BooBearsMomma at 6:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• we have decided to divide and conquer. I do 99% of the house work. He has a very busy stressful job.... last thing he needs is to come home to chores.

Anonymous

• ha ha ha...lol, umm, none.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Sorry about your situation, it really sucks when a grown mad is more irresponsible than a child. But actually my DH is great when it comes to helping out: he rinses off his dishes, he takes out the trash daily, helps out with laundry (but that's rare) and he helps me with our son so that I can clean and even have a little "me" time. He not great with finances but before buying anything he makes sure it won't effect the bills and as far as being a good parent, he is soo wonderful with our son, the first thing he does after getting off work is give him hugs and kisses and plays with him. I really got lucky. Its a shame not every man can be as helpful and mature and a good daddy. I'm just glad your getting out, there's a good man out there for you that will appreciate you and actually act like a man, not a 5yr old. You deserve WAY better than what he's giving you. Good luck
    Anonymous

• None. I stay at home so I do it all. When he is around he does take out the trash. Thats all I ask.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• "title pretty much says it all."

LOL girl, lol. My husband is just "starting" to pitch in. Three kids is alot of work. I have a PT job but trust me, Im still a SAHM. Im sorry you are splitting up. You need a partner that provides more than just to the finances. You provide, just in a different way. YOu contribute alot to the relationship and sometimes guys just DONT GET IT!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• None. I take care of that.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010