SAHM's.....do you plan on working when your children are school age or do you always plan on being a sahm?

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• sahm until the last one is in college.
    Anonymous

• i think i will start working again once they can stay home alone. I could work next school year but i wouldnt have anybody to watch them during breaks or half days and days off.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My youngest is currently in kindergarten and gets out at 12:30. I think next year when he goes full day I will get a part time job. I would like the extra money and honestly I get bored here sometimes. You can only clean so much....
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• When my child starts going to school, then I will get a part time job during the day. If I have another kid then I'll stay at home until they go to school and I'll get another part time job. Then when they are in highschool, I'll get a full time job. That way they will be old enough to stay by themselves and hopefully they will have cars, so they wont need me to pick them up.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• They should, otherwise it's just pure laziness.
    Anonymous

• HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I homeschool, so I plan on staying home until they graduate.
    Anonymous

• They should? Laziness? I'm sorry.....was that really said???
    Why is it any of "your" business if someone else has the money to stay home if that's what the hubby and wife decide? That makes them lazy? My kids are all in school all day (8:30-3) and I'm still a SAHM, but the house is clean, dinner is almost always on the table, the laundry is done, homework is done in a VERY timely manner, all 3 of my kids are straight A students, I sew my children's clothing, I do flowers for weddings, errands are run, I am the assistant director for our local food bank, I teach a Sunday School Class, I work in our church nursery, I sing in our church choir, and that's how my hubby wants it. I AM NOT lazy!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Kids needs a parent around much more between the ages of 12 and 18 than when they are small. When your children are young, you should establish your career so you have the flexibility to work around their schedules when they are older.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I plan on staying at home, even after they are in school. Three of mine are already in school, and I enjoy volunteering, being off when they are, not having to worry about calling in when they are sick, chaperoning field trips, etc.

Answer by missanc at 6:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010