what are some ideas for helping with a colicky baby?

mothax2

Asked by mothax2 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ear plugs? lol J/K!
    I used Tummy Soothers and ds really seemed to like that. Other than that I don't know, he literally cried the first 12 weeks of his life! Now he's 4 1/2 months and he's a totally different baby, so know it doesn't last forever.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Gripe water, a swing, and a warm bath. My son had colic really bad for about 2 1/2 mths. I did those everynight and it really helped, now don't expect it to completely stop the crying but it WILL help. And also you can try putting him in his carseat and put it on the dryer and turn it on. Good luck and be strong...it will be over soon!
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i did this with my daughter: put some towels in the dryer if you don't already have a load of clothes to dry. put a towel on top the dryer then put baby on his belly on top the towel. of course you'll have to stand there with your hand on his back, and it sure gave me a back ache, but it worked.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I took mine to a chiropracter and it worked wonders!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• swaddling, baby wearing, warm bath, dancing (mine likes rap music or anything with a heavy beat!), shushing,

have you checked out the book happoest baby on the block? great resource, also dr sears has a book for dealing with a fussy baby ( i can't remember the title)

my dd cried almost non stop for the longest time, she's now 4 mths and it's starting to subside! there is hope!!!
    christysigns

Answer by christysigns at 8:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree w/ Anna92464. I grew up in europe (moved here as 28) and we use chiropracters for a bunch of stuff, including colicky babies - and I've only heared rave reviews :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Gripe water
    Cocyntal
    Warm baths
    Lots of holding & back patting
    Swing with a vibrating seat
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• my son was born with a lil bit of a problem at 1st and i told the doc. he cryed all the time and i couldnt do anything to help him feed him change him hold him walk nothing worked so he tryed him on his meds called zantac it is for like heartburn and OMG!!! it helped and the doc. also said colick is just a fancy word for a fussy baby..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2010