HIGH RISK?

I HAS SEVERE PREECLAMPSIA WITH MY DS. HE WAS DELIVERED AT 34 WEEKS. IM PREGNANT AGAIN AND I AM WONDERING WOULD I BE CONSIDERED HIGH RISK NOW? I HAVE MY FIRST APPT TOMOROW AND I WILL FIND OUT. JUST WONDERING TONIGHT

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 7:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont believe they will classify you as high risk until you show an elevated blood pressure. But I am sure it will be noted on your chart and monitored very closely.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My understanding is every pregancy is different. I imagine that they will monitor you closesly but not consider you high risk untl you show signs. Hopefully it will be easier this time around. GL.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• They will consider you a high risk, yes, but just in order to keep an eye on you. My first daughter was 4 weeks preterm. On this second pregnancy, I have to be considered high risk because of it so they can keep a close eye on me to try to keep it from happening again.
    Anonymous

• THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING, NOT BECAUSE THIS ONE WILL END UP THE SAME JUST AS A PRECAUTION
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• honestly, it depends on the practice. did you know that eating extra protein can keep pre-eclampsia away?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• HAPPY, I LOOKED INTO THAT AND ITS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE MYTHS AND I WISH IT WAS TRUE CAUSE I WOULD HAVE AN EXCUSE TO EAT STEAK THREE MEALS A DAY!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i had preeclampsia with my first son also. I am now pregnant with with my 4th boy and had no problems with any of my other pregnancies, although i was monitored more closely with the last 3 preg. They did monitor me more closly and near the end of my pregnancies i had to come in twice a week starting a couple of weeks earlier than i normally would have.
    Anonymous

• same here, I had pre-eclampsia with my first, and now they are monitoring me, i have to go in twice a week, and they check my bp, i'm not really classified as a high risk, but they are taking extra precautions because of my high b.p.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• kj, where did you find your info? i need to quit saying it if it is not true! thanks!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i get alot of my info from preeclampsi.org alot of themoms have tried it, and they have asked the doctors forum on there too. its not a miracle cure and certanilaly wasnt true with my son who i ate steaks with alot alot and still developed it early on.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010