35 weeks pregnant and baby won't wake up and move????

Im 35 weeks pregnant with gestational diabetes. I went for a scheduled NST, non stress test. and the baby would not move for over an hour. My OB then decided to do an ultrasound. My baby won't wake up and she isn't doing her practicing breathing. I had an ultrasound a week ago and the amino fluid was at 13 percent and today it is 16 percent. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or had anything similar to this. I have to go back into the office tomorrow to do another NST and ultrasound.... Im just really worried about my baby..

RobinE8

Asked by RobinE8 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe the baby was just sleeping. Have you felt him/her move when you weren't at the doctor?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I know you are super worried. I was told by my Dr that the farther you get in your pregnancy the less the baby moves b/c they are cramped up in there..no room.

Just hold on until tomorrow....!!! I am sure you are fine...I had GD with both of my kids! Are you watching your diet..sometimes if you are injecting too much sugar it can make the baby sluggish too.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My OB said a baby has a sleep pattern of 20 minutes at a time so I should have had some sort of movement. I have felt her move once but she normal is very active all the time...
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes I keep my diabetes well controlled with a diet and I have to take Metformin with my breakfast to help regulate it. But I haven't had a high reading in over four weeks..
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• If they were worried that he/she might not make it they would have taken her today, stay calm and breath. I will pray for you and your baby!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Did they zap her? If they were overly worried, or even just concerned, they would have zapped her to try and wake her up
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The OB is in the process of ordering a new one. The previous zap thing wasn't working!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Lay down on your left side and drink some cold water. If they saw a heartbeat on the ultrasound I wouldn't be highly worried.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• turn on some music for baby to listen to, maybe that will get her moving
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Ive tried all of the above and nothing seems to help wake her.
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010