Sex after childbirth???

When did you first have sex after you had a baby?? I know they say to wait 6 weeks but does anyone really wait??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• You're saying that you can't wait six weeks?!
    Anonymous

• my doc told me 4 weeks. that night we did the dirty. she said just to take it slow and if it started to hurt stop. dont be afraid of extra lubrication. and do lots of kegals to strengthen your muscles, it will help things feel normal sooner.
    Anonymous

• I can wait but my husband can't! I'm tired of his attitude and I don't like giving bj's!
    Anonymous

• 7 DAYS. AND IT DIDNT FEEL GOOD AND WASNT A BRIGHT IDEA
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i did not wait 6 weeks, I think it was a month when we had sex with my second kid. But you have to be careful, like the poster before said, if it starts to hurt, stop. Also, did you have a normal vaginal birth, did you tear? did you have to have stitches put on? See I did with my first one, and I did wait six weeks, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun, you can have oral or anal sex while you wait. But with my second one, it was a very easy vaginal birht, and we could not wait 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Wait the 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Yes I waited. You can get an infection if you don't

Answer by admckenzie at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I waited 4 and 1/2 weeks. start slow. it takes a lot of time to heal.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My first baby I waited 6 weeks, but just recently, I only waited 4 weeks. We just went slow at first. Everything is A-okay!
    Anonymous

• We waited the six weeks each time. I figure the reasons they give you for waiting are in fact really good reasons. Plus I was NOT going to be that person who went to her six week checkup only to find out she was pregnant again. Hells to the no.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010