To those who have taken METHYLPREDNISOLONE?

I'm just wondering what your experience with it was? good, bad etc? I have been running a low grade fever almost every day for the past year and a half, and my rhem doctor just put me on this starting tomorrow, am stressing it a bit because I've read some scary side effects, my system is sensitive to a lot of medicines, even ones I took before I can't now or need a lower dose since I started having my fevers. Its only for 6 days, so I can probably deal with it if I hear what other experiences were. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Health

• I use to be on it all the time for asthma. While it fixed my problem, it caused weight gain, restless leg, nightmares, mood swings, and sleeplessness, it did help and i'd take it again.
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 7:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• As above said... but even more, make sure you wean off of it. That is the ONLY problem I ever had with it. Otherwise, when taken properly, it is an amazing drug!
    Anonymous

• I have taken a several day dose many times for asthma and sinus infections. The side effects are minimal, especially if only taken for 6 days. What you probably will see are insomina (take early in the day if possible) and an increased appetite. Most of the horrible things you read about are the long term effects.
    Stacyf1979

Answer by Stacyf1979 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• that's just the beginning, after the first 6 days your doctor will find something else to put you on.....FOREVER if he can.
    Why dont you try Vit D in elevated levels and fish oil (omega 3.6.9) both pharmaceutical grade supplements i bet my life you would feel the difference and be treating yourself as you should.
    I have a couple reports on how those supplements can impact your health. If you want to take a look let me know.
    Good luck
    Tania
    kaisermann@gmail.com
    Taniaengel

Answer by Taniaengel at 3:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2010