Witchcraft question.

I am asking Ladies who know about or practice witchcraft to explain what it is about.
This sprouted from my other question, someone mentioned witchcraft like it is a bad thing and I disagree with this statement.
The bad stigma originated from Inquisition, Witch Hunt etc and started by the Church to have someone as scape goat, giving people something to be afraid of to manipulate them, plain and simple hatred of women, and effort to destruct anything that was different from Christian religion.
The way I understand it, mostly women called witches had a huge knowledge of nature, natural cures and worshiped Mother Nature.
If I am wrong about any of this, please do correct me.
The way I see it is these days we should be more educated about it and not call witches like they are evil people, they do not deserve it. I have to admit I share the love of Nature with them. I'm an atheist.
The chance is other belief systems may be evil.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 7:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• cont.

my faith also teaches tolerance toward perceived foes, and seeks to mend any ills between people. If amends can not be made for whatever reason, the religion still teaches loving all people and accepting them for who they are regardless of differences. shaneeagle777 why do so many in your faith not do that?

and how can you say there is no such thing as Christian witches have you met any i dont think you have. a christian witch is someone who follows the teachings of Gnostic Christianity. and i have met lots of christian witches.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OK I just started looking into and am on the road to practising it so I am learning. However with every one I talked to and all my research I have learned it is not bad. The two biggest rules I saw is harm none including yourself, and to remember what you put out comes back at you. Good comes back good and bad comes back bad. So basically karma. I have heard both three fold and ten fold mentioned to this. I was gathering information for a friend and found most if not all fits into beliefs I already had in Christianity. I was advised to look into Christo-paganism/ wiccanism. Which you would be surprised at the similar beliefs to Christianity.

So to answer your question depending on users care of what comes back it can go either way. However most do not use it negatively. It is really not bad at all.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Witchcraft is simply the art of focusing energy and funneling it in order to change the world around us. There are many different ways to do this, and many reasons why someone would, but it all is basically the same thing... The Witch focuses her energy and/or energy from other sources, and send it out in to the universe or focus it on a certain object or person in order to create change.

Many Pagan (and non-Pagan) witches do have a great knowledge of herbs, nature and the elements, however it takes years to master these aspects... Most Christian witches had different views of nature but the practice of witchcraft does not alter between religious systems.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Rebellion is also witchcraft.... yes I know Bea your referring to what I said in the other post... but witchcraft is not considered good no matter how you slice it. There is no such thing as Christian witches... you are either a witch or a christian.... both cannot co exist.... light and dark cannot coexist!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

Wow you really do not look into any thing but the bible. Your lack of caring to understand other faiths is saddening. There is Christian witches it exists. Do some reading their beliefs differ very little from yours. There is nothing considering it to be evil not even in your book of guidelines. Christian witches is not a coexistence of good and evil. It is using what god gave us similar to the way you use prayer. So if you plan to insult some thing find out what it means and is about first It makes you look less ignorant when you speak about it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Shaneeagle, I disagree....natural energies are natural energies. God put them here for us to use. Those energies are working whether you believe in it or not. For example, the very energy you are giving off right now from your thoughts, feelings, and emotions are giving off vibrations that will eventually come back to you in some form or another. If God put things on the earth (like drugs) to use to make us feel better when we are sick, why wouldn't it be okay to be aware of energies and use energies to bring about good? It doesn't change the belief in Jesus or God or Jesus as the savior. There were many books of the bible left out unfortunately and the church has given people a skewed view of God in general. Anway, that's not what the asker was asking and she certainly didnt ask for your opinion of her practices and beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I simply want to learn before I judge. And from what I already know about witches plus the events from history make me think that it is not the witches who are bad. I am sure there are exceptions in every belief, and by those I mean individuals with nasty intentions, but I would not label someone who has been prosecuted for fabricated, political or social reasons for ages that actually may be a great person with very healthy outlook on life.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 9:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Witchcraft is not evil, not dark as the Christians would have you believe. If that were true we could say the same of them!!

People who are Witches are knowledgeable in the properties of healing herbs, spell-work, divination, working with spiritual and natural energies and many other things. The practice of Witchcraft is not associated with any religion so a person can be both a witch and a practitioner of any number of religions or they may not practice a religion at all. One importand distinction to remember here is Wicca is a religion and Witchcraft is not. Just keep in mind, "All Wiccans are Witches, but not all Witches are Wiccan."

http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/wiccan_or_witch

http://www.enchantedoak.com/tradwicca.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• *****Rebellion is also witchcraft.... yes I know Bea your referring to what I said in the other post... but witchcraft is not considered good no matter how you slice it. There is no such thing as Christian witches... you are either a witch or a christian.... both cannot co exist.... light and dark cannot coexist!

That is an uneducated opinion, there ARE christian witches and witchcraft is NOT dark. A person is either evil or good but it is not defined by their religion.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• There are bad witches, but witchcraft, itself, isn't evil. Look at the Spanish inquisition and the witch trials. Christianity is supposed to be good, yet it spawned this kind of evil. It's the actions of the people that make up White magick or Black magick. Not the magick itself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2010