Goodness!!! What's your cleaning schedule like? Ugh...I wanted to get everything done once a week but...

looks like I won't be able to finish! I'm scrubbing the pots, pans, disinfecting the tub...so NOT DONE! Wanted to clean the carpet, remove stains before kids get back...aaaaaaa!!!

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do a little bit each day as I have time. I usually put in or take out one load of laundry each morning & each evening, so that keeps me caught up on the laundry. All dishes/pots, etc. are cleaned after every meal & the kitchen wiped down. I do vacuum daily b/c of the dogs. I steam clean my hardwoods, linoleum & tile once/month & "swiffer" (homemade version) daily as needed. I keep a container of microfiber cloths in a vinegar solution in my bathrooms for quick daily wipe downs. I keep a bottle of vinegar spray in my kitchen for quick clean ups around the house. I steam my tubs & sinks monthly, too, so they stay mold free. Toys are expected to be put away after use so I don't have to put them away. I hate clutter, so everything in this house has a designated place - if I don't have a spot for it, then we don't need it. I try to clean smarter, not harder, y'know?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Do one room a day. So at least one room is really clean a day.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with louise2...or do one chore a day and try to do them in the mornings if you're a stay-at-home mom, then you get the afternoon to relax :)
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I do 2 major chores a day and then the obvious little things throughout the day. Wednesday is laundry day, so that day I just have 1 chore. My husband does most of the chores on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays because I work 12 hour days on those days. Monday I vacuum, sweep and mop. Tuesday is dusting and windex windows. Wednesday is laundry. Thursday is bathrooms and vacuuming again. Things like dishes, and sweeping are done on a daily basis throughout the day. My husband usually vacuums and mops again for me on Saturdays. And just whatever looks like needs to be done or I ask him to do on Fridays. Sundays we usually just relax. (when I get home from work) That's just my routine! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Some things I only do once in a while like cleaning carpets and even windows. Basic kitchen and bathroom stuff I do regularly. I have a swivel sweeper that really helps me keep the floors free of crumbs and stray fuzz balls. I throw in one load of laudry a day...but I put it all away once a week, I try to basically have very "realistic" standards so I don't drive myself crazy. I will confess, I hate dusting so I just do that when absolutely necessary. My "trick" is to keep things clutter-free by basically putting everything away as I use it, and emptying the dishwasher every morning so the dishes don't fill up the sink as the day goes on....I am very flexible and if anything good comes up I will gladly put aside cleaning the house to do it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• We now clean as we go. This way it is not so bad. We clean carpets once a day and keep it tidy. They big clean comes on Tues. when I don't work, I work a four day work week. My son goes to school for half a day on Tuesdays and I do the big clean. Then after his lunch I pick him up from school and we go doing something fun. This way on weekends it is family time only and no cleaning necessary. At least not the big time top to bottom clean. A little each night goes a long way. I hate the thought that on weekends when we are all home together and have the time to go out and do fun family things...we would be stuck having to do the chores. Some chores can't be avoided on the weekends but we knock them out early and have the rest of the day to relax and have fun. Less stressfull this way for us.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I split it up, Monday's are for laundry, dishes and clean up toys atleast once in the livingroom so I can vacuum

Tuesdays- dishes and vacuum living room, bathrooms

Wednesday, dishes, and vacuum, bathroom

Thursday, dishes, vacuum upstairs and down if I can get to it

Friday, dishes...I can sweep the dang floor tomorrow!

I should say I vacuum every day because I have a messy little toddler who likes to crush cherrios everywhere, scrubbing bathroom and kitchen floor happens atleast once a week, but I sweep the kitchen floor every day also, change the sheets once a week. Being a SAHM is hard, especially when I lay out that I have my 3 year old nephew on M, W and F's and my own five year old and 19 month old and my 7 year old ss and my BF's son in the afternoons...yikes! You just get what you can done and realize that it will just STILL be waiting for you in the morning if you don't finish.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2010