sick child...

I took my child to the doc today for bumps on her butt she had one that had heat to it and it was swollen and they had to cut it and drain the stuff out of it....they gave her an antibiotic and she took it this morning and was fine so i gave it to her tonight and 30 mins later threw up she didn't eat with it but the bottle didn't say to either so like an hour and a half later i gave her tylenol b/c her bottom hurts and she threw up again and i took her temp it was 101.8 my sister said she would call the after care doc and see with her having that infection and running fever if she needs to come in but it cost $10 to JUST call the nurse i don't wanna sound like a bad mom but I don't even have money to pay all the bills so i don't wanna call if there is no need Do you thing i should call??? she is 4 years old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• try a different doctor. maybe call a family doctors office and explain the situation. or call the er and ask them.
    Anonymous

• CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR INSURANCE CARD.....YOUR INSURANCE MAY HAVE A 24 HOUR NURSE LINE THAT IS FREE
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• a diff ffice is not going to give you after hours advice, and prob not advice at all.
    If you are not their pt and they have no chart ect for you they cant and shouldnt.....

I agree to check our insurance card
    Or call the doc and tomorrow call and explaine the situation to the manager and see if she will wave the fee, if you are nice she prob will. We do at my office in situations like this.
    Anonymous

• What are you going to call and ask? A temp of 101 is nothing to be concerned about. She has been treated and has meds. You have to wait and give the antibiotics time to work. They should have given you instructions about what to do about taking care of the wound.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• She may have an infection from one of the boils on her butt. Check you insurance card for a nurse line and call them and ask them. It is free. Otherwise, spend the $10 and find out what is wrong with her. What is more important, $10 or your child's health.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• this is totally new to me.....the fact that they charge for a phone call! Wow....I have never heard of that! It sounds sort of wrong to me. She is on an antibiotic, and even if it didn't say not to take it on an empty stomach maybe it would be a good idea to take it with some food. If you don't want to call, then keep a close eye on her to make sure the temp doesn't shoot up. Keep an eye on the area and make sure it doesn't look infected.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• could be infection would take to doctor now like the er
    Anonymous