why are some groups allowed to gang up on and be mean to their members?

i joined a group and made one post and the whole group ganged up on me and was horrible to me. i reported them but i dont get why do you have to be mean to someone you dont know? does that make you awesome?

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Ganged up on you? Do you mean you asked for advice and didn't like what you heard?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i didnt ask for advice. i was talking about something that happen to me today. never once asked for comfort, advice, or a pat on the back, i was just talking.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Maybe you were on the wrong group?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• There are some groups like that, they tell you that it is a group where you can be yourself, and let loose, and say what-the-blank-ever you want, no one will call you out on it, and things like that. I avoid those groups. They usually have "bitch" in the name of the group. Don't take it personally, that is just the way they are. Myself, I would leave the group. There are so many other groups you can join where you can find more mature women, who don't need to cause drama, or put everyone else down to have fun.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• maybe you are being over sensitive....get out of the group then.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• your right and i did leave the group. i just couldnt believe how mean they were to someone they didnt know
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• UGH! Hate that!
    What group so I can make sure I don't join!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I avoid the b*tch groups. Some do pick a specific member, they call her out and they all bash her, just to see how much she will take.
    Anonymous

• It's people that have nothing better to do with their time than to lash out on others because they are failures in their own lives. These kinds of mothers are the ones that raise their kids to beat other kids up in school. I say, report that user and try to get them kicked off of CM. Us mother's come here to talk to each other and to relate with one another, not have someone we don't even know try to make themselves feel better about themselves by treating others like garbage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• While it is ridiculous that they do that groups are owned my members of CafeMom and set their own guidelines. So it may be in their group that it's ok to do that. You may want to consider joining other groups where members are nice and considerate to other members. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2010