Fun things to do with a 1 year old?

My dd recently turned 1 and I feel like all we do is play with bubbles and chalk! She just started walking and loves to be outside..but we live in az and its HOT out so if anyone has any ideas on activities to do with her let me know.

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 8:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We live in Tucson and I have a 18 mo grandson. We never play bubbles and chalk. We go out to buffets for lunch, go to community events like Earth Day, go to concerts, go to parks, go to the zoo, go shopping, go to thrift stores, I take him along to do stuff I was going to do if I watch him unexpectedly. We have a pool and play will it float. He throws things in and fishes them out. He plays boom on the couch, jump and fall on his butt. We watch music videos on the computer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I take my year old daughter on walks in the park, swimming, shopping, we have playdates with other children....we play games in the house, i show her flash cards with letters numbers colors and shapes in it so she can learn, we have playtime music we dance to, because my husband is in Korea we have set up times to talk to him on Skype....we also talk to other family members on Skype, read books and she turns the pages, we go to animal shelters or petsmart to see animals and get used to them, we go to thift stores, and random car rides, i have taken her to lunch or dinner just me and her, also chuckiecheese just to watch the music animals since she cant do much:)
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My 14 month old loves baby dolls. I tied a shoe string to a laundry basket,showed her how to put a blanket and pillow inside and she sets her baby dolls in there and she takes them for a walk around the house.Sometimes I play follow the leader with her when she does this, she follows me with her baby and basket while march and sing,lol.We do some sorting with balls and blocks. I set out 2 small baskets, 1 for balls, 1 for blocks and we play a game to put them in the right basket and then we go crazy and throw them all out again and then do it again. She likes to color with me on a giant coloring MY LIITLE PONY coloring book I bought her.SHe likes when I bring out a blanket and play parachute with her."finger painting" in her highchair with whipped cream and food coloring.Messy but so so fun and yummy.I will put out some different toys and ask her to show me where "the car is" and so forth, she gets a kick out of that.Have fun!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have a 13 month old daughter. My daughter loves duplo blocks. She also enjoys when I build a fort out of blankets and chairs. We do a lot of chasing and scaring each other behind sofas. She loves to play with her baby dolls. She will rock the baby, love the baby, feed the baby a bottle (by bashing the bottle into the dolls face, but its a start). She also likes when I fill the sink up with water. She likes to splash in it. Fingerpainting with pudding or like one of the others have said whip cream is a lot fun. On really hot days and both of us are having cabin fever we go shopping and not buy a darn thing and then go out to lunch like McDonalds or Jack in the box (yes I know they are bad but we do it once in a blue moon). We enjoy our mother/daughter days. Open up your mind and look around at what you have, almost anything (safe) can become something fun to play with. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010