What do you do when you don't know which religion is right or which one to follow whole-heartedly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When undecided about things, do not do anything.

Answer by louise2 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I was brought up Methodist....I had a lot of Catholic exposure during my first marriage, as he and his family was very Catholic...I did not fit in there at all....I mean, not AT ALL. When planning to marry my 2nd husband it was important to me to get married in a church for my family...we liked our local Presbyterian church, but still, I didn't feel 100% like I fit in, I have always felt uncomfortable and out of place in church. After the wedding, our participation ceased. For me, I have come to realize, that organized religion is just not for me. That is not to say I don't believe in God, I'm not sure what I believe, but I now consider myself Agnostic, that is not the same as being Atheist...my spirituality is personal and not main stream, I'm always looking to fit in somewhere, but I'd rather not force anything that isn't right for me, than do it just for appearances.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• research. Talk to people. It is interesting to learn about them even if you aren't searching for a religion..which seems silly. If you believe, then you believe..it shouldn't take picking a religion to believe in it.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 8:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i havent decided on one particular religion. i just know i believe in God and i pray. i like to study and learn about all sides of religion to get a better understanding. be open minded but not foolish. there is a lot to learn!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well, its not necessary to limit yourself to just one religion. Its more than okay to pull from various religions. Your faith is your own, so you need to do whatever resonates with you. And if you're unsure what that is I would suggest joining interfaith groups where you can discuss and ask questions, as well as trying to learn as much as you can so you can determine what you agree with versus what you don't. In the end all that matters is that you know where you stand, what you personally feel, and that doesn't have to fit any sort of religious box or standard, so if it doesn't don't fret. Spirituality is deeply personal, and its that way for a reason. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Read different books about different beliefs and religions, and start doing whatever your comfortable with.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You just keep your heart open to God himself and build you personal relationship with him and go from there. Find a King James bible and see if you are comfortable with it. Also get other versions of the bible to help you. That is if you are looking for christianity. But a relationship with God is always smart.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with ryansmom
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree with whoever said research. I did mine and grateful for it. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Read. Learn. Think. Listen to what resonates with you.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010