Is there any chance of getting gum out of clothing, or should I just toss the pants?

My son apparently sat in gum somewhere....its smooshed into his pants, his new pants, of course...I put them in the freezer, but it didn't work. Is there any magic solution to this, or are the pants garbage?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 8:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Lighter fluid will melt it and it will come right out.

That is what my mom would use when I was a kid. She would have her lit cigarette sitting on the table and would rub the lighter fluid in my hair.... I really can not believe that any of us made it to adulthood!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• rub ice on them..its different then putting them in the freezer
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Freeze the pants

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have heard that using conditioner or peanut butter will help it slide out. Haven't tried it though!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Ive use olive oil....it works well. Especially in hair.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• This sounds crazy but have you heard of KGB? They have those goofy commercials on tv....text them your question (text it to 542542 and they will send you back an answer. I asked how to get blood out of carpet and they told me and it worked.
    KMCrenshaw

Answer by KMCrenshaw at 8:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I used skin so soft from Avon and it worked but then u have to use something to get the oil spot out...I always use Dawn for clothing stains and it has not let me down yet...works great on greasy food stains.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ok im dumb...i wouldnt use olive oil on closes...the oil-ish stain doesnt go away. but in the hair it works wonders.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010