My husband and I want another baby....

I'm on the pill right now.... I was wondering when I should stop taking the pill before trying to get pregnant again? Is it harder to get pregnant then with you first? I got pregnant easy with my first... I got pregnant in the first month of trying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• they say to stop taking it about 3 months before you try to conceive.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I stopped taking bc about 6 months before ttc my second but it was because I didn't like what I was on. I concieved both of my boys on the first try so it's not always harder the second time.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Make sure you finish your pack before you quit taking it, otherwise you could mess your cycle up. Also start taking folic acid as soon as you think you want to start trying. We started trying right after my cycle was over and got pregnant. We had a miscarriage because of the RH factor, but we successfully concieved a month after my DandC. Good luck.
    Mommy2justone

Answer by Mommy2justone at 1:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My doc told me to finish out my pack of pills before TTC so you don't mess up your cycle. With our first we weren't trying...we got pregnant the first time we had unprotected sex. This time around it took us 6 months after I went off BC to get pregnant. I don't think it's true for all women that it takes longer the second time around. Some women are a lot more fertile than others. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2010