What do you do to be more "green"?

Looking for ideas to be more environmentally responsible WITHOUT spending money! Tips and ideas?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 9:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We actually started recycling and when we buy produce we buy organic all the way. I've become super stickler about shutting off lights and tvs when done. Plus, we're living with colder winters and warmer summers, the heat is set at 65 and the ac set at 78. We started taking showers instead of baths. My 4 month old gets sponge baths, we started doing all this to save money but it's also ways to be more "green".
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• we don't use chemical cleaners in our home. we don't use chemicals on our lawn. we don't buy foods with chemicals.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Nothing!
    Anonymous

• I don't do anything really. I turn off lights. I don't deliberately waste anything. Other than that - nothing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• We used cloth diapers, when my son was in diapers. We also try to use cloth rags for cleanup rather than paper towels.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I open all the blinds and curtains in the house during the daytime for natural light, and during wintertime it also helps heat up the house. I will soon be making my first batch of laundry detergent, I generally use vinegar and baking soda for house cleaners, I use cloth instead of paper towels
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010