today

I don't really have a question... just need a little support. Today, I had my 1st ultrasound at 9 1/2 weeks and the baby's heart had stopped beating around 9 weeks. This is my 2nd pregnancy - I have a 2 year old. Even though I've had no complications I had this weird feeling that something might be wrong. There have been so many women around me lately that have lost their babies. And even though I had a bad feeling going into the ultrasound, I am still completely devastated.

We were so ready for #2. Anyone else who has gone through this, how long did you wait to try again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• :(
    Sorry

*Hugs
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Im not a doctor and some people may dis agree with me but i would say 2-3 months.... HUGS AND KISSES
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am very sorry for your lose. When I had my miscarriages the doctor said to wait until after my next period, which was about 6 to 8 weeks after I had a D&C.
    Anonymous

• I was 16 weeks and knew there was something wrong. I had heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks and at 16 there was nothing. US showed baby had dies soon after 12 week appt. I was devastated...

Went to the hospital to be induced and 24 hours later had a perfectly developed baby the size of my hand. They did a autopsy which I didn't know they were going to do, or I would of said no.

It was a little boy and from the report it showed nothing was wrong, so I am not sure why, or what happened. I am glad that I was able to hold him, name him, and say goodbye.
    I grieved for almost a year and we tried again after that year
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 9:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am so sorry. I don't have any personal experience but my sister has had 9 miscarriages (technically 8 but one was twins). She has cysts which she found out after her 7th. I have seen the trauma she has gone through and I have great sympathy for anyone who has had a miscarriage. I am so sorry for your lose.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am so very sorry for your loss! I don't have any personal experience with this, but just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am so sorry *huggz*
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• im so sorry to hear about this

my hubby and i been trying to have a baby for 5 years and found out it was me not him that couldnt get pregnant i went on clomid March 09 and i end up pregnant and when in the hospital for bleeding they said the baby was good and had a good heart rate this was on May 21 09 and i had a weird feeling about that dr and went in June 4 cause my new drs office said they want me to go in even tho i wasnt bleeding i was just spoting light pink and i found out my babys heart beat had stop about a week before and i had to have a dnc June 8

and i was told we could try again when we feel like were ready and i have to have alest one period and i took clomid again in Oct and im now due this July and this preg has been good so far just that shes been trying to come early

i do wish you luck and hope your next is a good preg *hugs*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will make this better. I won't bore you with the whole there was something wrong or not meant to be crap...won't make you feel any better. Just ask your doc when it is safe to try again...and make sure you are ready...not that a baby can ever be replaced...be ready emotionally. Take your time. Good luck to you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010