Help me please!!

So I need a good recipe that uses multiple kinds of canned beans. I have about 10 cans of different beans and I don't know of any recipes for them. I would like to make a bean dip in my crock pot but I can't find a good recipe that actually uses beans and not refried beans.

Crock pot recipes would be great but I'll take any..

The beans I have are great northern, light and dark kidney, black and a few others..

Thank you in advance!

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 9:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When I make chilli I add ranch style beans, kidney and even black beans with hamburger, tomato sauce onions and green peppers and tomatoes.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 9:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• All beans are fairly interchangable. I have many TNT bean based recipes; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You can make calico beans, which is like baked beans with all the different kinds. My aunt browns some ground beef, bacon, and onion and adds that to the beans, then adds her favorite BBQ sauce to taste. Stir together and put in the crockpot, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.

To make bean dip, mash the beans and use in place of refried beans in the recipe.

I make a black & white bean salad and I've also added kidney beans to the mix. Open a can of each kind and rinse well. Put into a bowl and add 1 diced tomato, 1 - 2 stalks diced celery, 1 - 2 Tbsp. diced onion, 1 - 2 Tbsp. each olive oil and white vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Chill. We LOVE this with a handful or two of peanuts, cashews, or sunflower seeds (shelled) on top.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Search for a recipe for a bean salad. I have had one that has a vinaigrette dressing that is very good. Usually all that is required is opening the can, draining and rinsing the beans, adding some seasoning and making a dressing. allrecipes.com is sure to have something. I'm sorry but I don't think I have a recipe to give you.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh, definitely calico beans! A bean & ham soup would be good too, but calico beans are my favorite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010