Do you honestly believe that murderers and rapists, etc, should be allowed in heaven simply because they accept God?

And those who don't accept God who have lead a pretty good, honest, and clean life should not? Does anyone else think that is hypocracy?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 9:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think I want to trush in a God that allows murderers, rapists and child molestors into heaven.
    -----------------

You can trust God. You are listening to the words of man and their different interpretations. Only God knows who will be let into heaven. Only a certain few will be in heaven, somehow, i dont think Jeffrey D will be there. If God sees him as evil, he will be cut off. God reads the heart, he knows whos mentally ill and who's just evil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i think it is for god to decide.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• There are certain unforgivable acts,murder and adultery being two of them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Do you honestly believe that murderers and rapists, etc, should be allowed in heaven simply because they accept God?

No and I don't think they will.

And those who don't accept God who have lead a pretty good, honest, and clean life should not?

No I think they should be allowed and that they will.

Does anyone else think that is hypocracy?

Yes those who feel this way are very much hypocritical.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• god forgives everyone,
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

Can you show me where it says that in the bible please I have never heard this.

I thought the only unforgivable sin was
    Matt 12:31
    31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    Anonymous

• I think Hell is full of hypocrites-those that profess to believe but live their lives in a way that does not coincide with those beliefs.
    I do not think non-believers go to Hell or Heaven (as in the Christian sense)- they are non-believers so why would heaven be a reward to them if they do not want to be there. I think non-believers that are good people end up where ever it is they want to be-what happens to you after you die is a "reward" or a "punishment" based on how you profess to believe and IF you live your life accordingly. I think we would be surprised about who did not make it to heaven.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I like your answer soy.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Matt 12:31

Okay this is where I start to believe that a majority of the bible is made up by man because it sounds just like another deceitful way to get away with murder. I don't believe that Hitler is up there right now and if he is, that's not the kind of God I want to believe in.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes... if they repent and turn to God they will be allowed in Heaven...
    Its those that reject God the Father, Jesus the Son and Holy Spirit that do not have that privilege.

The ONLY unforgivable sin is blasphemy of Holy Spirit which means basically full on rejection and denial of who He is.

Paul who was Saul had believers killed then had his Damascus Road experience and completely turned to God.
    David had Bathsheba's husband murdered yet he still had God's heart. Why? Because he truly repented for what he did and made a huge turnaround but it was not without loss.

What is not understand is God's LOVE and GRACE and MERCY. That is WHO He is and if you choose to continue in sin and rejection of His love then there are consequences for that but if you choose to stop and to turn to Him... yes there may be loss but you will reap a Kingdom without sorrow and pain and He will forgive you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2010