ohhhh I am so jealous!!!

Okay, I was reading through posts and I am so not hating on anyone, but grrrr all these SAHM, WAHM, or Working Mom's who have DH's that help out in the house has me sooooo green lol. My DH does nothing. He works 30-33 hrs a week, comes home, and does what ever the hell he wants to do.
He's never given our DD a bath, his 2 kids that I've raised he stopped as soon as I came into the pic, he doesn't do laundry, dishes, trash, or anything. He doesn't grocery shop, he doesn't help bring up the food when I do (that's what we have kids for if you ask him) he doesn't put it up. He will sleep all day if I'd let him and bitches if I wake him up before noon. He's never taken the kids to school, his DD is in 4th grade, and doesn't help with home work.
Hmph.....grrrr.....just feeling kinda down right now. Sorry. You women who have Husbands who help out, go and give them a hug. Tell them you love them and say thanks!!

Peanut_Farley

Asked by Peanut_Farley at 9:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like he's spoiled. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he doesn't respect you though. You say you love him and you sound very devoted to him, he must have redeeming qualities that don't fit into a venting rant. You are just so full of love that you've spoiled him rotten. This happened to my mother with my father too. She does everything for him, she even makes his sandwiches for him, and he still gives her a hard time! Though he does the "man work" around the house and is a great handy man. My mom is just so loving and giving that it's hard NOT to get spoiled by her!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Oh honey- you need to have a talk with your Man! To be involved in the kids and your life is so important! I don't consider it "helping" because that would mean its my job and he is doing me a favor- I consider it being involved with the family.

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Im sorry. Mine is far from perfect but I do appreciate him. It is not uncommon though, Especially in olden days. But now men are helping more with the kids and the house, but some guys are raised w the traditional mind set that thats womens work, and mens job is to bring home the bacon, just not cook the bacon!
    Ask him for help, or even demand it. You need time to yourself, you need to be happy too. Plus, he should have a relationship with his own kids. It will be less stressful on you if he even did the dishes once a month.
    Good luck hope things get better!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Oh soyousay there has been so many arguments over this it's not even funny. I've asked, begged, pleaded, cried, and finally just given up. It's not going to happen and I know this. I love him and will not be going anywhere any time soon. I am just feeling kinda down about it right now, he got home from work (a full 8 hr day, lol) and was angry that there is no milk. He'd asked if all the kids had milk for dinner and when I told him no that I used it to make their dinner (he eats pizza almost every night) he rolled his eyes and said something to the point of How nice I saved some for him.
    Just tired right now and not in the mood for his bull shit. I am used to raising all 4 of these kiddos alone and sometimes it knocks me down
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 10:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• WOW! Sounds like he needs a RUDE AWAKENING! I would stop doing HIS laundry and cooking/cleaning FOR HIM.
    My husband works 50-90 hours/week and still bathes our son some nights, takes trash out, empties the dishwasher for me, offers for me to go out by myself if I want, goes to the grocery WITH ME and helps put groceries away... I am very blessed that he agrees with the being involved with the family and the home.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• He also LOVES to grill!! He will grill all year long... and he cooks other things should I need him to! I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and the last 2 weeks it has been all I can do to get up & care for our 3 year old! He has come home, picked up a little & cooked dinner for them.

Mind you... he isn't perfect by any means and he works a LOT... but he does appreciate me and our marriage and me as a mother.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Nope, RutterMama even I am the one that does the BBQ lol
    Seriously I do all the Woman stuff and the Man stuff. Like fixing the plugs in the apt, car work that I can do, and all heavy lifting lol
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 10:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Aw sweetie! I honestly feel bad for yoU!! He does NOT value or respect you at all!!! He needs to be WOKEN UP!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Honestly? If my husband acted like that, I would do literally nothing for him. Your DH isn't even working full time! The man needs to get off his ass and do something. I wonder if three weeks worth of dirty clothes and nothing clean to wear would work?
    AmelieH

Answer by AmelieH at 11:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• nope, lol I've done the boycot thing and it just pisses him off and I get yelled at :D yes he is spoiled. I do everything and it's to the point that all he remembers how to do, or will do, is get dressed.
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 9:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2010