my son is getting worse.

my son has been an unhappy baby since birth, we've tried everything, reflux meds and all. switching formula didn't help. he is 6 months now, and i can't do ANYTHING without him crying anymore. he used to like getting his diaper changed (one of the very few things that made him smile) and now he screams any time i change his diaper or change his clothes. it just recently got this bad the last few days. he'll let me hold him if i'm holding him against my chest and patting his back, but that is IT, that is the ONLY thing i can do without him screaming, and even then he fusses. i have no clue what in the world to do anymore. i've taken him to SEVERAL doctors and they all just think he is a high needs baby, but don't you think even this is a little much for a high needs baby? don't high needs babies generally LIKE being with their mother?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• PS, you may want to take him to a chiropractor. They can readjust him (since things can get out of allignment during birth, even csections)... adjustments can also help with colic, inner ear pain, ect...
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 10:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i remember your other posts, i have no clue what could begoing on. maybehe is just a really high needs baby.you've probably tried everything right? gripe water, soothing baths/music, skin to skin contact, soy formula/gentlease formula,
    does he like being close to your breast? maybe that will ocmfort him? but you said you tried the baby to chest,..hmm im sorry you're going thru this:( does he like a bouncer or swing?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP HERE - sadly i've tried all that. he rarely likes his swing, and he absolutely hates the bouncer. i feel like SOMETHING has to be wrong with him. i have to things in my mind left to try 1) we switched him to prosobee 2 weeks after he was born and that didn't help, but the doctor never switched him back so MAYBE he had colic the first 3 months and is allergic to soy but we didn't notice because of the colic, and 2) MAYBE something happened during delivery and i didn't know, i was put under because i had to have a c-section and the epidural didn't take, so maybe something is hurt and we don't know. i'm going to talk to his doctor thursday, and hoping maybe finally we can find out what is going on. it's killing me. i just wish i had the answers.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i know:( mabybe switch back his formula, is he happy when he eats?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP - sometimes, sometimes not :(
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Tactile sensitivity issues?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• he's 6 months? have you introduced solids yet? he may like that? does he like stroller rides? does he ever want you to pick him up? im sorry im asking so many questions..id really love to help you find out whats wrong with your lil man. is he hapy with other people? or just fussy with everyone? what about his sleep scedule?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Gailll - thanks for posting something I knew nothing about, I will research and talk to his doctor.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP - he eats solids, he does like stroller rides, he always wants me to pick him up but still fusses when i do, it goes from screaming to only fussing, so something is still bothering him. he isn't usually happy with other people either, he usually cries shortly after they pick him up, and he actually does sleep good. he takes 3 one hour naps a day, and sleeps through the night (8 hours)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• so his sleep is good, when you say fusses do you mean like whining? or really crying?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010