Is it normal to be this worried?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and have my first doctors appointment on Thursday. This is my second pregnancy (our son is 4 now) and so I don't really remember if they do an U/S at this appointment or not. Anyway I know they will at least try to hear a heartbeat. I don't really have a strong feeling that something is wrong, I just am worried sick that something might be! We are so ready for another baby and my hubby and I would be devastated if anything happened! Have any of you been worried sick before you found out for sure that everything is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes:) its normal. im 21 weeks and i still worry about my little sea monkeys in there.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• With my 1st & 2nd, I displayed what would probably be a normal amount of worry. There is a bigger gap between my 2nd & 3rd, & I don't know if it's just because I'm older, or more aware or what, but I have been super paranoid about this kid (#3) since I found out I was pregnant.  She's 19 months now & I still feel this enormous dread that something is going to happen to her.  She has never even spent the night with my mom.  I feel ridiculous, but too bad!  Hahaha!  She's mine to obsess over!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010