I can't stand when my husband goes shopping!

Ugh it drives me crazy! He always comes home with so much crap. Tonight he went out to get a few things and came back with 2 quarts of ice cream, 3 bags of cookies, and jello, plus he didn't get the whole wheat bread I like because the non-whole wheat kind was on sale. Our cabinets are already full of tons of other junk and our freezer is half full of popsicles that he bought last year. I keep tell him I don't like it but he keeps buying it anyway. And I don't feel like I can tell my kids they can't have junk when their dad keeps buying it and they know it's there. Not that I'm a health nut by any means but I would prefer these foods to be fun occasional foods, not filling up my cabinets and tempting me to eat them all day long every day.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• oh i am in the same boat as you!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My hubby was like that. Now we are in bank---cy. I kid you not. Tell him to cut it out and not spend so much money on junk that piles up and wastes money.
    Anonymous

• I have to give mine a size/brand specific list and just enough money to get the items because he'd do the same thing.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Mine does the same damn thing! He buys candy, chips, soda, etc., etc., etc.

I watch what I spend and he spends ikes crazy and gets cash back to boot to spend on other things.

Anonymous

• I can't help you.  If you did what I do, your husband would probably leave you!  I am a control freak bitch when it comes to the money. When I send my husband to the store, he knows very specifically what to get. He has even been told what to get if the exact item he was sent to get is out of stock. I inform him if he is allowed to make a decision on a substitute, or if he needs to call me, if the #2 item is out of stock. He puts the change on the counter for me when he gets home. He never gets extra unless we discuss it before he leaves the house. I really love that man. I can't believe he puts up with me.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yea I know the feeling. My husband use to do the same thing, but every time he would come back I would get mad. So he stopped doing it and now it's like you didn't bring any cookies or ice cream?? Then he'll tell me no because I know you'll get mad so I didn't. :(
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 10:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• LOL.............. Feed the man before you send him
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Return the items you don't need.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010