Why do people never read the warnings?

I know that CFL bulbs contain mercury but these bulbs are said to help the environment.

Do you know something about a product that most of us don't.
Please write away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know that if a CFL breaks you are supposed to clear the room for 15 minutes before you go in to clean it up. You aren't supposed to use a vacuum to clean up the shards, but rather you are supposed to scoop the pieces onto a piece of paper and throw it in the trash and then use tape to get up what is left on the floor. Then you are supposed to take that trash out so that it doesn't get kicked up again when you throw more trash away.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i think they are said to help the environment because they last longer than ordinary bulbs and are supposed to consume less electricity for a given output of light.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Some cosmetics are made with manure. But this is a good thing!
    Anonymous

• cow manure**
    Anonymous

• I know I don't like them! They don't last as long as they are supposed to and the light is of poor quality. When I want a light, I want a light!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Quinn
    These bulbs are toxic. Not that I want to make a big deal about it. But this gives me the idea that there are more products that are toxic and I have no idea about them. OP
    Anonymous

• anon, janet, yourspec, thanks for the posts.OP
    Anonymous

Something we can agree on! I told the hubby the other day (after about 5 years of using these bulbs) umm, they are LIARS! They do NOT last longer! lol.....and it startes out dim...which is annoying

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I cannot stand those bulbs.They give me a bleeping headache and eventhough we tried them all over for a year we did not save much money at all.For the whole year we saved about 80 bucks on all of our electric bills combined..oww big whoop i'd rather stock up on the old bulbs,not suffer the headaches,nor be exposed to the toxins,and have real lighting.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The CFL bulb in the lamp in my daughter's room hasn't burned out in almost two years. They DO last longer than regular light bulbs!!!!!

They start out dim, but they get lighter within a few minutes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010