Who has wives tales about ttc a girl?

Ok, i know the biology of it all, hubby has to contribute an x chromosome etc. And of course we will be happy with a healthy baby no matter the gender. But after having two boys I thought it might be fun to hear all the wives tales about how to get a girl this time around. Let me hear them ladies :)

mamasitax2

Asked by mamasitax2 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've always heard if the wife has an orgasm first then the dh ejaculates then it will be a boy. So just don't orgasm. Also, doggy style is supposed to create boys.
    Anonymous

• Doggie style standing up. That's the position we were in when we concieved our little girl.
    Anonymous

• Only have sex on the even days of the month to have a baby girl.
    Have sex when the moon is full to concieve a girl.

Just wives tales, but you asked! :)

Going to watch this questions to see what other old wives tales surface. Cool question!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Before I give you my answer... yes, I am aware already that I am completely crazy & obsessive. When we decided to try for #2, we already had our boy.  So before we started trying, I researched how sperm & ovulation & all that jazz really worked, beyond the basics, and the different ways people thought you could conceive a girl. What I did was track my cycle for 3 months, so I would know exactly when I was going to ovulate. The theory is that male sperm are faster swimmers, but only live for a day or 2 at the most. Female sperm are slower, but can live for 5 to 7 days. So 7 days to 4 days before I ovulated, we would screw like rabbits.   After that, I wouldn't let my husband touch me until at least a week after I ovulated. It took us about 6 or 7 months to conceive....... a little GIRL!!!! Hahaha!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well, I'm pregnant with my FOURTH girl. LOL no luck on boys. Soooo.. really.. I guess you could borrow my eggs and you'll get a girl. Well, or my husband or ex husband, LOL
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2010