for SAHM!

whats your schedule like for the day?

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 5:30 - 6:00 Wake up
    6:00 get breakfast for our son (Sometimes DH brings him down for a daddy breakfast)
    Make coffee, pour myself a bowl of cereal
    Clean up any remaining messes from the night before
    6:30 0r 7:00 (depending on what time we got out of bed and had breakfast) We come and play in the living room
    8:30 or so I bring my son outside or do a fun activity like water play in the sink if it's too cold or rainy to go outside
    9:00 Snack
    11:30 or 12:00 Lunch
    12 - 2 Nap time - I have my lunch, take a shower, clean the house, and do homework from my online class
    2:00 wake up son and get him a snack
    2:30 husband comes home (Public school teacher) sometimes we go for a family walk or to the park or something fun together.
    5:00 or 5:30 I get started on dinner depending on what we're having
    Clean up from dinner
    bring up son for bath - Husband often bathes our son so I usually finish up some laundry
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 6am get up
    6:45 take oldest to school
    7:30 - get 8 & 5 yr olds dressed for school
    7:45am - drive 2 little ones to school
    come home and clean, fold/put away laundry, run errands etc
    12:30 - pick up 5 yr old
    1:30 - pick up 13 yr old
    2:30 - pick up 8 yr old
    snack/break time for kids
    3:30-5pm ish - doing homework with all 3 kids
    5:30 - make dinner
    Clean up dinner dishes
    Wash laundry from that day
    Watch tv with hubby until 9:30
    Take shower and be in bed by 10pm
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well I have 3 kiddos and am married to a Marine. I usually get up between 6:30 and 7am. Get the kids up, dressed, fed and my daughter to school by 7:45, then my son to school at 8:30. I come back home and play with the baby until she is ready for her nap and then I get in the shower and get some housework done. Then at noon I go back to get my son from preschool. My husband comes home for lunch while I am out getting my son so we eat lunch and spend a few minutes with him before he heads back to work. Then I clean up after lunch and finish up whatever needs to be done in the house. We usually head outside for a little while before going to pick my daughter up at 2:45 from school. Then we usually go to the store or park or whatever. Come home, make dinner, do homework, have bath time, go for a walk or have some kind of family time and then put the kids to bed. Some days we have playdates and do other things too!
    Anonymous

• Mon. to Thurs. my teenager wakes me at 8 am and asks for a ride to school
    3 minutes later I am back because school is down the road and she doesn't want to be seen walking
    clean kitchen from the night before and throw a load of laundry in, clean myself up and wait for my other 2 to wake up ( 23 & 5 )
    when they wake up the oldest goes to my room and watches TV ( I have the Dish network in my room) 5 yr old drinks some milk and plays wii
    Do more laundry and more cleaning, maybe some shopping
    On Tues. and thurs nights is karate? drop off & pick up
    wed. nights the oldest does her thing at church
    dinner is not until 8 pm because thats the way it is around here
    weekends and "play it by ear"
    I forgot to add that on thurs. and fri. my son has school all day so the day starts early and when i drop him off i go shopping
    Wed. and thurs night is work for my teen so she has to be dropped off and picked up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos and right before I call it a night.. CHAOS!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Sorry! Got cut off:

Then after bath it's jammies, vitamins, story, prayers, and bed.

Our son is usually in bed by 7:30 and asleep by 8:00.
    Then my husband and I finish picking up all the toys around the house that our son missed at pick up time, sit on the couch and watch an hour or so of TV before bed.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• DH wakes at 5 & gets in shower. He wakes me at 5:30 & I get coffee going & his lunch prepared. He leaves at 5:45
    I run on treadmill for half hour then shower. I'm out around 6:15 then eat & get on computer for a while. The kiddos (4, 3, & 10 months) wake around 7 so I feed & dress them.We play on playground from about 8 until 9:30 then they have a snack & do some coloring activity or play with play-doh or something like that. (Which is what they're doing now.) They have free play until 12, then they have lunch. Nap is 12:30 until 2. That's my time for cleaning. They wake at 2, eat a snack, & DH comes home about 2:45. He watches them while I go to tanning bed. Then when I come home we all relax outside until time to start dinner about 5 or 5:30. We eat at 6 then watch tv or play outside again until 7:30. Then I bathe kids & put them to bed. After they're in bed DH does homework while I read, then we go to bed around 10.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2010