Scared of a previous post! I've bitten off all my nails and am starting to hyperventilate..plz help me

The previous post was:
Do you honestly believe that murderers and rapists, etc, should be allowed in heaven simply because they accept God?
And those who don't accept God who have lead a pretty good, honest, and clean life should not? Does anyone else think that is hypocracy?

I am TERRIFIED. Someone mentioned the Unforgivable Sin. I think I commited it. Someone wrote that Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable. When I was younger I had an experience in church & my aunt said that I experienced the Spirit. When other kids asked me about it, I denied it. I flat out said it never happpened & I refused to believe otherwise. Since then no matter how much I pray I feel I cannot be near to God. I have never had the experience again.

I have changed so much and am trying to get strengthen my faith and my resolve. I used to lie and cheat and all the above but I have stopped that and have no desire to go back to it. CONTD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you need to sit down and pray and talk to god, they say thats if you knew about it and you still did it then you wont be forgiven there was a time when i swear to the holy spirt but i didnt mean it it just came out of my mouth, and i did ask god to for give me! but i dont think i'll go to hell for that.. you should visit a church and talk to someone and tell them your problem and have them pray for you! trun your life to god if you havent already, god knows when we meanssomthing and when we did somthing by mistake.. god bless you dont cry , pray to him! he'll listen and understand!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• CONTD But if I commited this sin..I'm going to burn in Hell?? I mean I am crying as I ask this. So the changes I have made are for naught? Am I better off facing reality and trying to prepare myself for my afterlife in Hell?
    Anonymous

• Honey, facing true reality would mean realizing that there is no hell, no heaven and nothing is unforgivable. This life, this life that you are living now, is all that you have. Please don't waste it living in fear.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• oh my freaking Zeus!!!! Get a grip. This is the internet honey, if you are getting so scared you have to bite off you nails you need to call up a counselor or pastor or maybe a pastor with a license to be a counselor?
    Anonymous

• i believe if you truly ask for gods forgivness and understand your wrong toward god, you will be forgiven.
    Anonymous

• If you can ask "have I committed the unforgivable sin?", then you have not. IF you had done so, you would not have cared one jot if you had.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The only unforgivable sin is the one not asked for forgiveness for :) Please do not let your heart be troubled just trust in Jesus. And yes rapists, pedophiles, murderes there will be TONS of those in heaven. The good doers who don't worship God go to hell? Yes, the bible speaks plainly on this.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A14-26&version=NKJV

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Honey, I don't think it means what you think it means, so you don't have anything to worry about. You know what fear doesn't come from God. God brings peace. So if your in fear, fear is from the enemy and we all know that the enemy is a liar. So don't listen to it. Do you ever have times of peace? How do you get that peace? Go and do those things that bring you peace, OK. That peace is from God.
    Anonymous

• There is no unforgivable sin.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Stop crying, honey! You have not committed the unforgivable sin: if you had, you wouldn't be worried about it! I believe that the only unforgiveable sin is the one that isn't asked forgiveness for. God is your daddy and he loves you and wants you with him more than you can ever imagine. "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 peter 3:9) "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). Also see Matthew 18:21, 22, Isaiah 1:18... and so many more! A God who shuts out an 8 year old girl for an act of peer pressure is NOT a God worth serving! HE LOVES YOU! BELIEVE THAT!

My understanding of "blasphemy" from the accusations made against Jesus was because he claimed to be God. I believe we blaspheme the Holy Spirit when we consider (cont)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010