Nanny question?

I am about to start a job here in a few weeks. My hours will be 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. My husband will be able to stay with our son every other week, but for 2 weeks out of the month, we will both be working overnight at the same time. So, my first question is how much should I pay a live-out nanny who will work from 6:30 pm- 7:15 am for 3 or 4 days every other week. My son's bed time is at 8 pm and he gets up at 6:45 am. We live in a small town about 1 1/2 from Atlanta, GA. 2nd question is, would a hide away bed in a couch be sufficent enough for her to sleep on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would call a service and get some one who has had a full background check... they will help you on price.
    Anonymous

• atlanta used to have a sitting service i don't know if they still do, 10 years ago the sitters made about $10-$12 an hour...so i am sure that the parents paid more than that.
    i would guess $10 an hour. but it really depends on the going rate in your area. look in the classifieds and see if you can find any pricing information.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2010