Help Please...

My mom accepts the fact that I want to keep my baby, but now she is forcing my boyfriend and I to get married. It's as a safety-net and my mom is Vietnamese and she really cares about her family reputation. What should I do?

jamieto

Asked by jamieto at 11:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• she can not force you or him to sign that piece of paper! its your choice.
    Anonymous

• safety net nothing, just because someone is married doesn't mean the man will support his spouse our his child.
    Anonymous

• If you live in the USA, she can not force you to marry. No telling what the back lash will be for not doing what she wants but, no she can not force you.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• how old are you?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!! You Do have a choice, if you marry him not being ready then it will not last your mother can try to force the direction of marriage but she can not forse you to stay married if you choose to do the wrong thing.
    Anonymous

• How old are you? She can not force you. It won't be good for any of you, esp the child.
    Anonymous

• My parents forced me to get married. I did it but got a divorce. They just wanted a legitimate grandchild. Grandparents can be a pain in the behind. Do what you want but expect mom to turn her back on you at least for a while. Some people adhere to customs and won't change. So it's up to you

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• she is not allowed to force you, but obviously she is putting a huge amount of pressure on you. Stand firm. You are pregnant, and that means you are the Mother now, you are grown up and are fully capable of making your own choices and decisions. I know the repercussions won't be pleasant, but do you want to spend the next 20 yrs with a guy who you know is only there, and you are only there because someone else made you! Stick up for yourself on this - take the first steps towards being an adult in your relationship with your Mom
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2010