For Catholic Baptism is a dressy shorts outfit ok?

My 9 month old will be baptized in June and JC Penney's has several baptism shorts outfits but I don't know if this is acceptable or if it's just a matter of opinion. My church doesn't have a strict policy, just that the baby wear white. My other sons were baptized in the winter so I didn't have this dilemma. Thanks for any input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• About a year ago and entire family was baptised. The kids ranged from 3 months 17 years old. The younger boys wore white shorts, white keds like shoes and a white knit shirt with at collar
    Anonymous

• my husband got white tucks for my boys and white shoes. He got them at a mexican store in town. I think has long as it's all white...it should be okay...but I'm not that religion, just my husband is....so I don't really know.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I think it is fine.

My 13 yr old son is horrified at his baptism photos... we bought a VERY traditional gown and all 3 kids (2 girls and a son) wore it... omg... he died to know he was in a dress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's perfect for a little boy. My Husbands baptismal outfit was a white knit one piece shorts.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's fine, it's really up to you. My son was in a on piece knit outfit.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• That will be fine.

Just for the record, my boys were baptized in gowns, Yes they wore a dress. Several little boys in the family have been baptized in that same gown. The girls gown has a little more lace. The boys gown has those tucks like a tuxedo shirt.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son was baptized at 9 months. He wore khaki shorts and a white polo shirt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010