what goes on your salad?

Tonight I made huge salad with
romane and green leaf lettuces
chopped mushrooms, cucumbers, boiled eggs and tomatoes, bacon
western and ranch dressings

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends on the rest of the meal as to what I put in it. A "common" salad for me is: romaine, carrot, cucumber, tomato and a homemade dressing (dressing depends on the meal). If there is no cheese in the main dish I add cheese to the salad, if the salad is the main dish I add cheese, chopped boiled egg, grilled chicken and serve with croutons or toasted bread. I also do taco salads, southwest salads with black beans and corn. I love just about any salad greens and switch them up also.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• depends on what I have... I do like jicama on my salad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i like a few diff types of salad.... one is baby spinach with almonds and strawberries and a light asian dressing..... another is lettuce, cheese, tomato, avacodo, crutons, dried cranberries, banana peppers, and italian dressing.... sometimes i add chicken to make it a meal.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 12:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I say the more the merrier! lol I'm a farmers market kinda girl.

romaine, iceberg, cheese, crutons, egg, chicken, tomatos, onions, feta.....and if you ever get to try it....chop up some pickle chips and toss them on your salad! YUM. I like the homemade ranch dressing!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• lots of fresh fruits (cucumbers, tomatoes, olives) and vegetables...NO DRESSING....if i want to have it as a meal then i ad some bacon, chicken, hardboiled eggs, and croûtons
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• favorite one is spinach w/ cut-up strawberries, walnuts and blue cheese crumbles..the really big ones. Then my version of oil/vinegar dressing...rice wine vinegar & flax oil..with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil....fresh cracked pepper & gray sea salt..the $$ stuff I use for extra special stuff. But not mixed into the oil/vinegar...just sprinkled on top.

The other one we do (to help get the older boy to eat it..he's 5, the younger one likes salads) is sort of a kitchen sink chef salad...the only thing I draw the line at is iceberg lettuce...I hate it!! I've even gotten my meat/spuds DH to eat the sprouts I toss in to it! lol I also make a real mild yogurt dressing the boys like. Dang...now I'm hungry! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, radishes, eggs, carrots and or whatever other veggis I have on hand sometimes grilled chicken, bacon bits and I make my own hidden valley ranch
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Mixed spring greens, grilled chicken or steak, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, crumbled feta cheese and a good balsamic vinagrette (I make my own, with good quality aged balsamic vinegar and good quality extra virgin olive oil). It is always requested when I go to dinner at other people's houses lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have a HUGE salad every day for lunch (4-6 cups of veggies) and what I put in my salads changes every 2 weeks, it depends on what I buy. Right now I have baby arugula,baby spinach, baby red and green romaine, royal red oak lettuce, lolla rosa lettuce, new red fire lettuce, baby red and green leaf, tango lettuce, little gem lettuce, green oak, mizuna, tatsoi, red and green mustard, red and green chard, radicchio, frisee, dill & parsley as far as the greens go. To that I add fresh mushrooms, red, yellow & white onions, plum tomatoes, broccoli, baby carrots, red, orange, yellow & green peppers, cauliflower, homemade croutons & red & blue tortilla strips. Every so often I add ham & swiss to my salad. I have 2 dressings I am currently using...both are yogurt based & one is poppy seed and the other is honey mustard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• we do spinach, kale, swiss chard, chicken, nuts (pecans or almonds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds), bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers...sometimes i use strawberries. we don't use dressing.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2010